Chapter 53

Hades looked at her curiously. Sisyphus had to be almost back Up by now. Without explaining her actions, Persephone turned on her heel and walked back inside, leaving Hades on the balcony. She didn't consult him when she asked for Hermes.

'Why, hello you', he said, arching a perfect eyebrow. 'Weren't you supposed to lock up a certain mortal king for eternity instead of letting him go?' News travelled fast.

'Somehow I could not think of anything that would treat him badly enough. I want him to hurt, I want him to cry and to wish he was dead. I want him to lay down at my feet and beg for my mercy.' Hermes smiled at the ferocious goddess before him.

'Then why did you let him go? You can't do any of those things if he isn't around.'

'But he won't be gone for long, Hermes. He will return to me within fourteen days.'

'Do you really think a man like Sisyphus will keep his word?' 

'I do. I need you to go to the Olympian Court for me. I need them to make his life as miserable as possible. Did he not humiliate them? They would love to do this. Make him lose his crops, his cattle, his castle, his armies. Before long, take away his good looks, his newborn babe, his health. Take away everything he has ever thought to love or own. And when everything is gone, take away his mind. Make him go crazy. Make him see me in every shadow around him. Make him hear my laugh in every space he finds himself in. Make him wake up in cold sweat to my touch. Make him beg for my mercy.' Hermes face turned serious. 

'You sure are the Iron Queen', he said. Persephone smiled cautiously. 

'I am not to be trifled with.'

'Your father will be proud.' She let out a humorless laugh.

'I can only hope to make myself proud. Go to them. Ask for their help. If they do not want to give it, it is fine. I won't hold it against them. It is my gift to them, not a punishment.' Hermes bowed his head in compliance and Persephone walked out of the room to find her beloved. 

Hades lay on his back on the bed, staring at the star canopy. Persephone entered the room silently, closing the door behind her and waiting two seconds before turning around. She jumped, finding the God of the Underworld had crept up to her without a sound. He pushed her up against the closed door, his lean body flush against hers. Hades grabbed her wrists and pushed them to a point above her head. His hand was big enough to hold her there, while his other hand cupped her chin. In those tense seconds Persephone could only grasp for breath before his lips were on hers. She had always known him for being passionate, yet he was always gentle with her.

Persephone pushed her body against him, already pulling his shirt from his waistband. He groaned against her mouth as she thrusted her hips against him, begging for speedy delivery. Hooking his thumbs behind the straps of her sundress, he dug his fingertips in her arms. He needed her as much as she needed him. Without time to lose, he pulled the dress down. Persephone shimmied her curves to free herself, as Hades kissed her shoulders, collarbone, breasts and ribs, slowly easing himself onto his knees.

Her panties were already soaking, and he slowly slid them down her legs. He kissed her protruding hip bone before moving to the insides of her thighs, kissing her everywhere except where she needed him to. She arched her back, pushing herself forward, which earned her a teasing look. Hades didn't waste any more time as he pushed her trembling legs further apart to offer her release through sucking and licking. She felt his hands behind her knees as he moved her legs over his shoulders. He squeezed her thighs as his tongue drew circles on her clit. Right when she was ready to be swallowed by the blackness, he stopped, hot breath fanning on the wetness between her legs.

'Your taste is absolutely exquisite,' he whispered. Persephone felt as though all her strength had left her body, leaning against the wall panting. 'Hold on, I'm just getting up, okay?' She nodded slowly, any movement from him that would be just right would tip her over the edge. He slowly rose to his feet, Persephone's legs still wrapped over his shoulders.

Just when she thought she could regain control over the exploding colours in her abdomen, he pushed his tongue inside her, earning him a scream of pleasure before she went limp against the wall, shivering from the aftermath.

'O, no no,' she heard him whisper, 'we are nowhere near done, goddess. We are just getting started.' She freed him from her legs and he caught her as she slid down the wall. He carried her toward the bed and only allowed her a short time to catch a breath before he crawled on top of her. The weight of his body on hers had always made her feel safe. She only just felt his tip wetting against her before he thrusted inside her.

Four hours later she felt exhausted yet sated. Afterwards she had only felt a little embarrassed about the neediness that had overcome her in the last couple of days. Her body had been ravished, she had given him every last square inch of herself. Her hand travelled between the cooled down sheets, looking for someone who wasn't there now. She sighed in contentment and turned over. She missed his proximity.

She covered herself up in a silk kimono before leaving the room and walking down the stairs. As the Fates would have it he came toward her just then. A smug grin decorated his face. Hades was never smug.

'I missed you,' Persephone cood, 'come back to bed.' Hades climbed the stairs two steps at a time to where she was, pulling her into a tight embrace. She felt his growing length harden against her stomach and chuckled.

'I missed you, too,' he groaned, trailing kisses down her neck. He pushed her down against the stairs, which wasn't very comfortable, but she liked the carnal passion with which he bit and sucked her skin downwards. Effortlessly he ripped up the panties she was wearing and she pushed up her hips to meet his. Without warning he rammed into her, giving her little to no time to adjust to his length and thickness completely. The only reason she didn't cry out in pain was because he had been inside her multiple times that day. It comforted her that he must have realised. He started moving faster, harder, deeper and she breathed along with the rhythm. His kisses were all teeth, all need and urgency. Just as rapidly as he climbed her she fell apart around him and he gave her two more hard thrusts before unloading into her.

'That was -' She couldn't find the right words to describe what had happened. It was kind of what she had pictured the first Winter, based on everything Demeter had told her. Troubled.

'I have something for you,' Hades smiled after rolling off her. They sat halfway down the stairs, he planted a kiss on her temple. She loved his flushed look. Hades took her hand in his and clasped a golden bracelet around her wrist. 'It is simple, yet valuable. It reminded me of you.' Persephone looked at the accessory and smiled, although the dubious compliment left her confused. She could tell he was battling demons again, but these were different.

'Thank you. Are you coming back up?'

'Yes, I'll be there soon. I have to take care of some things first.' He planted a kiss on the back of her hand and got up to walk out. Persephone sighed and let her head fall back. Once upon a time she thought about drowning, burning and strangling his demons. She never thought about having to fuck them out halfway up the stairs.