Chapter 47

On their way to the bathhouse of Tartarus, Hades watched Persephone run around frantically. They took the long way through Asphodel, where she was telling every soul and every thing how much she missed it. It made his heart grow with happiness.

'Tell me honestly,' he said when she hurried back to him and grabbed his hand. 'What did you miss most?' She stopped in her tracks and turned around.

'You, of course. I thought I made that perfectly clear when I got here.' He bowed his head before looking up to her from under his brow. They arrived at the bathhouses and Aia opened the doors for them.

'Welcome back,' she said, stepping back to let them in. Before Hades could even say anything, Persephone went to the rooms reserved for her. He walked right through.

After a glorious massage by Aia's hand and swimming around in the heated pools, Hades walked up to her. She was sitting on a ledge. The water reached to the base of her skull. His hands closed on her waist and he pulled her close. Persephone wrapped her legs around him, smiling lazily.

'I love you,' she murmured and his heart shrank before it exploded in his chest.

'I love you too,' he said, peppering kisses in her neck. For a moment they floated in silence, relishing the embrace they had been denied for so many months.

'You know what I'd really like?' she murmured while his strong hands massaged her back and neck. The feeling sent shivers down her body. She felt how she became physically submissive to him. He knew she was.

'What's that?' he breathed, biting her softly in the nape of her neck. She bit back her moans, trying to keep up a serious demeanor while he sucked on her sensitive skin. She wriggled in his arms, finding how desperate his body was for her. Persephone positioned herself in a way he could directly feel her. He groaned, dark shadows creeping over his expression.

'If we could redo your garden.' She arched her back, allowing him to enter slowly, but less than an inch. She shot him the most innocent smile

'Fuck, Persephone,' he breathed.

'I'd like some carnations. Have you ever seen black carnations? You must have. And tulips. O, tulips are wonderful in this time -' he rammed his mouth on hers and sought her tongue out, tugging on her bottom lip with his teeth. His hands pushed on her hips, lowering her onto himself. She relished the feeling of becoming whole and wrapped her arms around his neck, clenching her legs around his waist even tighter.

Hades started with slow, deep thrusts that soon became fast, hungry hammering, causing the water to ripple in violent little waves. Persephone gasped for breath between thrusts, allowing him to take every inch he needed. It was not like the black feeling of lust crept up on her this time, it was like it was luring from the shadows since she set foot in the bathhouse and jumped her before Hades had even fully entered. It consumed her fully and she repeated his name like a soft prayer. Right before her body started itching for her orgasm, he froze, holding her so she couldn't move.

'Don't stop,' Persephone whimpered. 'Please.' His chest heaved, up and down with every inhalation of steamy oxygen. She dug her nails in his shoulders, he shot her a crooked grin. He knew she was balancing on the edge. She closed her eyes, writhing against him, seeking her release, but the god was too strong for her, keeping her in place while her entire body ached.

'Look at me,' he breathed. 'Persephone, I want you to look at me when you cum.' She snapped her eyes open and he slowly moved his hands to her neck, loving every millimetre of soft skin he felt beneath his finger tips. Goosebumps followed his trail.

'Please,' she begged, and he complied by giving the final thrust. She fell apart around him, scattering her heart to a million pieces. She slumped against him contently, enjoying the final twitches inside her as he came as well. His fingers glided through her wet hair, his lips brushed her forehead.

'You are beautiful when you climax,' he whispered softly. She smiled against his chest, listening to his calming heart beat.

'I'm lucky to have you.' He embraced her tightly and they sighed in unison, making her chuckle.

'So, about that garden-'

Persephone was aware of the fact Hades was again tearing down walls for her, but that didn't mean she didn't feel the tiniest tinge of reserve. He loved her, she could feel it, she could see it - Tartarus, she could even smell it - but that didn't mean he trusted her completely. He wasn't jealous of Apollo or even Artemis, but he was scared to give in to her completely. She pulled him closer still and kissed him on the chest, where his heart was. She had to think of a way to regain the last percentages of his trust, and she knew neither Demeter or Zeus was going to like it. However, she didn't care. If it meant his happiness, she would burn the world Above to ashes.