Part 28 : Stella Kidd

"Stella!" He said shook unable to say more than her name.

But Stella was still confused about Diego calling her mom, now she wasn't understanding how this guy knew her name. Severide didn't know what was wrong with her just yet, and so after freezing a little he got closer to her.

"It's really you!" And he hugged her while Diego was still himself hugging his mom.

"I don't understand" she said stuck in between that many hugs.

But as Kelly saw her behavior, he was unsure of what was happening. So he got away from her and looked confused for answers.

"Mariah, what happened? Did you tell everyone here my name? I mean i am not famous to be receiving that kind of treatments"

"Um not exactly its a little more complicated than that Stella."

"I'm sorry i overstepped" Severide apologized "Diego come here buddy"

Diego was still tightly glued to Stella and she still had Mia in her arms, the little one was calmly attached to her mother.

"But daddy i want to stay here"

"I said no" and he kind of grabbed Diego firmly away from Stella. "I am sorry for how he is"

"Oh it's okay, he is a lovely kid. Is she yours too?" She asked unaware of the truth.

"Yeah, going to get her back too. Sorry!" Severide felt awkward.

He took Mia from Stella and she instantly started crying. She had definitely recognized the smell of her mother, and she wanted to go back to her.

The pain and incomprehension in Severide's eyes was real. He didn't know what was going on, he got Diego and Mia back to the bunk room in his quarters and then stood on the apparatus floor shocked.

"Severide" it was Cruz's voices and it was the third time he was calling his name.

"Yeah" he finally reacted.

"Everything okay?"

"No" he said dry.

"What why?" Cruz asked to see if he could help.

"Just wait to see what i just saw and try to make it make sense"

But Cruz was confused, the girls were still in the office with Boden. Mariah's plan was to stay there and wait until maybe they'd get another call but when Stella decided to leave without listening to Mariah, the only thing they could do is leave and hopefully see as less people as possible.

But for their luck everyone was still on the apparatus floor. And then a bunch of Stella's were thrown in shock. They started approaching her and saying hello. But Stella was freaked out and confused, Mariah quickly got her out.

"What was all this?"

"I am sorry, this has to be a lot for you. But i truly hoped we would be in and out without people seeing us. And i really wanted to tell you first-"

She cut her off "tell me first what?"

"Stella, remember i told you i'd get you your life back?"

"Yeah why?" She asked suspiciously.

Mariah took a deep breath "i lied about me having a project here in Chicago. I just wanted to get you back to your life, i finally was able to get an information from mom. And she told me you were a firefighter, unconsciously you decided to go and do that same job. And i did some research, you used to work here that's why everyone was so lovely with you."