Part 5 : Blue eyes

Diego had called her mommy, it was over for her. But she knew that moment would come eventually, it was one of her concern to explain to everyone he was her son but she had to make him better first. And so whatever everyone in the room was thinking didn't matter at the moment.

He was crying and so she knew he wasn't feeling good. She got up, while rubbing his back gently.

"It's going be okay" she kissed his cheek.

Meanwhile Brett and Gabby were in shock. It was her son and he was approximately 3-4 years old.

Gabby then looked at Severide, his eyes wide opened. Was it the information entering his brain or was he just choosing to ignore what the little one had just said. He didn't know what was happening, it's like he froze.

He wasn't moving at all and all he could do was look at both Stella and Diego walk away.

Stella needed to take her son to MED, and she had to check in with the Chief.

She knocked "hey Chief!".

"Yes Stella, and who is that little boy?" He asked confused.

"That's my son, that's why I am here! I need to take him to MED he has a really high fever, and I can't leave him like this I-"

But before she could finish the Chief said "you go and take care of your son, let me know whenever he feels better".

Everyone was shocked to see that she had a son. But the Chief didn't want to ask things that weren't his business, as soon as he told her to go do whatever needed to be done she left.

She went by the bunk room to take her things and then she was out. But before leaving the bunk room it's like Severide had finally decided to react.

"Stella!" He grabbed her arm.

His voice was too calm, she was scared of his reaction. So while waiting on what he was about to say, she tried to find a lie. The best lie possible.

"I'm taking you!" He said not giving her a choice.

So she didn't say anything.

"Cruz radio me if we get a call" he shouted while leaving with Stella.

Diego had a good grip on his mother, he clearly didn't want to let go. And so Kelly drove carefully, they arrived at MED and Natalie took care of the little one immediately.

Kelly was there.

There without being there, his body sure was at med but his mind.

His mind was still back in the bunk room. And all he could hear was "mommy", he was trying to add things up. Could Diego be his son?

No.

Stella clearly stated she would have an abortion. Plus four years, it's a lot she could have been with someone in that time. But that little boy is not older than three or four, he could only be his.

His mind was going crazy, he was stressing. He felt angry but yet a little happy.

So he waited for Stella to come out his room.

"We need to talk!" He said serious.

"I-" she didn't know what to say so she just agreed and followed him to a more closed space.

You could feel the tension in the room. Stella was already worried enough with her son being sick now she was worried with Severide and what he was about to tell her.

"Don't you have something to tell me?"

"What are you talking about?" She said pretending not to understand.