Part 27 (1st half) : Crash

Stella didn't understand why the police was at the door, and Severide either.

"Can i ask why?" Severide was confused.

"It's regarding the house fire, involving Robert Kidd"

"And why would you come to him, he had nothing to do with it"

"Miss, more than one neighbor place him at Robert's house around the afternoon two days ago"

"And? What is that suppose to prove?" Stella was getting worked up.

"We just need to question him that's it"

Severide gave Stella a hug and while hugging her said "don't worry, i'm going to see what this is about. Okay?"

And he then left a kiss on her cheek. He went with the officers, and little after he left with them Stella took her car keys and went to Gabby's. She was just going to wait to see what was about to happen and do as Severide told her, to not worry. She got to Gabby's all dress up with heels and everything.

"Stella!" Gabby said as she opened the door surprised.

"Hey"

And since it wasn't that late, Diego was still up and as he heard what seemed like his mom's voice he ran out of the room where he was playing with Brett.

"Mommy! Mommy"

So she got down to him, since she still couldn't carry him.

"Hey my love, you're having fun with your aunties?"

"Yes, i was playing with Sylvie. Come and see"

He grabbed Stella's hand and dragged her to the room. Sylvie was in the room with both of Stella's kids. Mia was sleeping peacefully.

"Stella, I thought you were out with Kelly. Did something happen, you guys fought?"

"Not precisely"

But Sylvie could see Stella didn't want to speak in front of Diego. The little boy would hear everything and he was very intelligent and he would definitely start asking a bunch of questions. So they left Diego playing in the room and went to the living room.

"So tell us!" Gabby said "what happened?"

"Well we were about to step out and see the new house you know that Kelly got for us, but as we opened the door. Two officers were there"

"They arrested him?" Sylvie asked worried.

"No, they said they just wanted to ask questions."

"But why?" Gabby said confused.

"Apparently since neighbors saw Kelly when he went to talk to Robert and Hunter, i guess they're thinking he had something to do with the fire"

"But no no no that doesn't make sense" Gabby insisted.

"I know, all i am hoping is that it is really just questioning and nothing more."

"Of course they would go to him, did he do something to Hunter or Robert?" Brett asked.

"Well he fought Robert, almost strangled him"

"Stella this is bad, they could really arrest him. As for now they only have him, as a suspect, he fought Robert and he is a firefighter that doesn't help him" Gabby said.

"I know, i just" she let out a sigh "i think i am going to see if i can do something at the district"

But as she was about to head out she heard cries, and as soon as Mia started crying Diego went to get his mom.