25

Blood oozed out from LiFen new wound. She stabbed herself right on her own chest, tore the stabbed wound BaoZai just made, and stopped on her stomach. She ducked in her hand into her chest, rummaged inside.

Yibo screamed. He moved backward and left her mother thrown away from his lap due to his great shock. He watched as his mother rummaging inside her chest as if tried to removes something. After a few minutes, she took out her hand with a glob in it, smeared in blood and still thumping. The people who saw it gasped. LiFen extended her hand with glob towards BaoZai.

"This is my heart. Take and burn it. This is the only cure for their curse..." LiFen spoke. Then she took her last breath.

"No! Moooommmm....!!' Yibo grabbed his mother and hug her lifeless body. He cried with all the sadness in his heart .

BaoZai took the heart of LiFen, placed in in the cloth and put on the ground. She folded her hands in front of her chest, right hand made a gesture collecting the willpower from deep within. She closed her eyes, lips moving, chanting some mantras, then opened her eyes again, pointing two fingers into the heart on the ground. From her fingers came the glares of lights and turned into flame when it reached the laid heart. The flame burned the heart out, causing the creaking sound.

"Mom...." Yibo wailed, while watching his mother's heart being burned up.

The sorounding was filled with the empty silent. Only the creaking from the flame could be heard. No one made any obvious moves. Every pair of eyes watching the flame which grew higher and vigorous. After some times, the flame turned into the black smoke, stretching out then created a loud blast that deafening the ears, made the people around it  covered their ears and shut their eyes, avoiding what would caused by the blast.

When they opened their eyes, the heart was gone. Only the cloth that wrapped it up left on the ground, dry and clean, as if it never been touch by the blood stain and the heat of the flame.

"It's over...." BaoZai mumbled. She took a deep breath. Felt relief.

Every people around there mirrored her action. Took a deep breath and sighed.

But before anyone took another moves, a gush of strong and hot wind stormed out from the bottom of the cliff which was bottomless. A red smoke appeared from the mouth of the cliff, and it slowly forming into a figure, followed by the loud laughter blaring in the entire cliff.

"IT'S - NOT - OVER - YET! HE IS MINEEEEE......!!!!!" said the faceless smoke figure. Then it swooshed it's hands, grabbing Yibo and gulped him in it's wide giant hand. It laughed again and swooped down the hill one more time.

"YIBOOOOOOOO.....!!!!!" Xiao Zhan screamed, watching his fate been snatched away by the figure and disappeared in the bottomless cliff.

****

Xiao Zhan awoke abruptly. He opened his eyes, felt exhausted. He groaned, stretching his legs to the length of the sofa.

"Bad dream again?" A voice startled him.

"Huh?"" Xiao Zhan cooed. He looked at where the voice was coming from.

There, in the other end of the sofa, sat down a handsome man, fair skin, slanting eyes, high nose bridge, plump pinkish lips, pointed chin with the sharp and obvious adam apple . He had Xiao Zhan legs on his lap, while his laptop was placed on the small table in front of him. He continued typing on his laptop without looking at Xiao Zhan.

"You can drill a hole on my cheek by keep staring at me like that...!" Said the man, no turning his eyes from his laptop.

"Yibo...." Xiao Zhan groaned calling out the name.