8

"It's coming...." Chang BaoZai, Xiao Zhan's step mother murmured. In her hand was a red string with a white rabbit dangling around on it.

"Xiao Zhan!" She called out Xiao Zhan, when she saw him climbed down the stairs.

"Yes, Mother?" Xiao Zhan turned his head to her who was sitting on the chair in living room.

"Come here!" She waved her hand , asking him to come to her.

"I'll try to not get into a detention again, Mother. So I can help you to watch my nephew and nieces..!" Xiao Zhan made a promise.

"It's not that. Your sisters are coming over to pick them up. So this house would be empty for a while.." BaoZai smiled at him. She tapped the chair beside her.

Xiao Zhan sat. He stared at his stepmother with a confuse look.

"Give me your hand!" BaoZai grabbed Xiao Zhan hand. Then she wrapped the string around Xiao Zhan's wrist.

"This amulet is a relic from your mother. She said it will keep you save. You met your fate already...." BaoZai ranted about. Her eyes were glistening with tears.

"Mother... Do you know Mom well?" Xiao Zhan asked.

BaoZai shook her head.

"I met her once. For the first and the last time,when she passing you to me to be taken care of. Your mother was a beautiful woman. You inherited her beauty...." BaoZai stared at Xiao Zhan, then smiled.

"Umm... What do you mean I've met my fate already? I don't understand..."

"You'll understand soon. It'd not my right to tell you. I only got a message from your mother and sometimes she telling me some clues about future. Your future. But I also don't quite understand with those clues she gave."

Xiao Zhan got up after his mother tied up the string.

"Take care of it nicely. You mother has created it specially for you. She must be knows what she is doing..."

Xiao Zhan nodded.

Chang BaoZai was the woman who save Xiao Zhan. She's been taken care of Xiao Zhan with her alone with her 3 young daughters for at least 7 months,before she returned him to his father, Xiao Fang Jie. So Xiao Fang Jie took her with her daughters to his house and asked her to yayke care of Xiao Zhan since she knew him well. And he was sure, BaoZai was his deceased wife has choosen to be Xiao Zhan's guardian. Then he married her when Xiao Zhan was 15, with Xiao Zhan's blessing.

Xiao Zhan reached the campus. He went to his locker to take his subject book for his first class.

" Xiao Zhan! Let's we skip the class!" Ji Li came out of nowhere and clung on Xiao Zhan's shoulders.

" Aish! No way! I don't want to get detention for today! I promised my mother already!" Xiao Zhan frowned.

Ji Li pouted.

"Why do you want to skip the class for?" Xiao Zhan asked.

"I don't like the subject..!" Ji Li replied.

Xiao Zhan sighed.

"Which subject did you ever like?" Xiao Zhan asked again.

"None." Ji Li said and pouted.

Xiao Zhan was about to blurts again when he saw a glimpse of figure he:s been spent time to think of.

"Eh! Yibo!" Xiao Zhan shouted.

Almost every people in the hallway looked at him then turned to another boy. Ji Li was not an exception.

"Eh! Since when you both became close?' Ji Li curious when he saw Yibo stopping and looked at Xiao Zhan.