6

__Xiao Zhan__

"I'm home!" I entered the house.

Mr. Tan, our butler welcomed me home.

"Shaoye..." He bowed slightly.

"Mr. Tan, can you not doing that whenever you see me?" I complained, felt uncomfortable with such respected manners.

"It's a manners, Shaoye..." Mr. Tan said.

"What a manner... I feel weird with those kind of manners..." I grumbled.

Mr. Tan just smiled understandingly.

"Have you having your dinner? I'll ask the maid to heat up the food for you," Mr. Tan continued speaking. He followed me around.

"No. I'm fine. I ate already at school," I replied.

"Fine, Shaoye..."

"You can go and take a rest, Mr. Tan," I dismissed him.

He bowed again. I cringed. Then he left.

I was about to go to the kitchen to take some drinking water, when a voice stopped me.

"Got detention again?"

I turned around and saw her, a middle age woman. Despite her age, she still looks beautiful and fit. She is my father:s wife, my step mother, she is 5 years older than my father. She has three daughters from her previous marriage, and they're all married already and live at their own houses. But they often left their children at our home, since they were busy with works and went overseas frequently. Although she's my stepmother but our relation was fine. Sometimes we would bickering like siblings.

"Mother!" I greeted her.

She walked down the stairs. Then she approached me and suddenly she grabbed my ear and twisted it.

"Aw! Mother! mother! Hurts!" I wailed.

"I told you to study nicely, dont get into troubles, come back safely and don't be late! Do you know how to manage those 4 devils to go to sleep earlier? I feel like in hell!!" She splutered the words without spare me.

She let go her hand from my ear and I quickly rubbed my ear that I:m sure it turned like steam crab already.

"You suppose to complained to your daughters! Making kids but don't want to take care. While me? I:m still so young and a handsome man. Never been touched by any girls, and I have a responsible to look after those evil creatures??" I blurted about.

Mother glared at me and hit my arm hardly which created a grunt from my mouth.

"Xiao Zhan!!"

Uh-uh,! Father's voice. He came with our Butler. Mother quickly yanked me closer to her. And there was my father, came from the other door. My father was a good man and soft hearted. But when it came to discipline, he was strict about it.

"I heard you got a detention again at school uh?!!" He scolded me.

I grinned at my father.

"Ungrateful child!" My father came to me and swung a cane stick.

Mother quickly shedding me behind her back.

"Aiya! He is still a kid! No need to be so hard to him!" Mother said.

"If I don't discipline him now, he'll get worse!" Father argued.

"I'm sure he didn't do any trouble. It must be only the professor make it a fuss to him!" Mother depended me.

I couldn't stop grinning when Mother depending me.

"They won't punish him with no reason!"

"I know he made a mistake. But I don't think he caused a trouble that involved other people..! Right, Xiao Zhan?" Mother turned her head at me.

I pouted as if I was innocent and nodded at Mother, pleadingly.

"See?" Mother looked at father again, then turned again at me, and asked, " What mistake did you commit, until the professor punish you?"

"I fell asleep," I said,quietly.

Mother turned around. Now her whole body facing me. Suddenly he hit the back of my head.

"You are sleepy head! I'm busy with the devils and you are sleeping while studying! What an ungrateful child you are!" Mother spluttered me. He kept pushing me until I climbed up the staircase and pushed me to my room. I kept complaining and whining along the way.

"Quickly go inside..! Otherwise your father will canned you if I didn't hit you.." my mother whispered.

I nodded repeteadly, quickly went inside my room and closed he door behind me.

I let out a relief sigh. I looked back at the door and muttered, "What a family..."

I walked lazily . Dumped my school bag on the couch, took out my shoes and socks then threw them on the floor. Remove my shirt and jeans, then walked to the bathroom to take a shower.

I turned up the faucet, and let the hot droplets hit my skin and flow on it evenly. My mind was wondered to the things had happened at school today. But Iwas smmerse to the certain glimpse. Wang Yibo...

His stoic face, everyone couldn't say what he was feeling with his expressionless emotion through his face. And I wasn't the exception. But today.... I saw him smile,even barely shown,but it was a smile formed on his lips.... I smiled to the memory.

"You are already handsome with your poker face. You even look better when you are smiling.... Wang Yibo..." I murmured to myself.

And then, his expression in the library when he saw me with the food from A Qing... It was unexplainable emotion. I didn't know what he feels, or thinks. I couldn't tell it was an anger... No. He didn't seem angry when I talked to him after that. It was more to a sad expression. But why was he sad? Did he feel a disappointment? Of what? Did he hurt? He was sad and disappointed. And hurts.

Ah! Yibo, Yibo.... If only you would talk to me. But you always refuse to talk to me though I always try to disturb you. Why are you so silent when I'm so talkative? How can we get along? I really want yo be your friend, but you said earlier that you need none. Why like that? What are you hiding in?

I've done with the shower ritual. I stepped out of the shower, putting on the bathrobe and walked into my room.