The King

The limo bounced and vibrated as it made its way down the pavement. Grace played with the new collar around her neck, fiddling with the silver loop and tag.

"I'm sorry Grace." Hunter said beside her. "But in my father's kingdom, all slaves and pets need a collar, especially when they belong to a royal."

She nodded, staring out the window. He sighed beside her, pulling her into his lap.

"You've been ignoring me since I told you. What's going through that little head of yours?"

She hesitated before sighing. She rose her hands.

"When you find your mate you'll leave me. I'm scared you'll start treating me like a piece of dirt." She signed.

He blinked, sighing and shaking his head.

"I'm sorry you feel that way, Grace."

Her heart broke when he ended his words there, playing with her hair. She had hoped he would promise to remember her and treat her kindly.

She shouldn't have gotten her hopes up.

She went to wiggle from his lap when he pulled her tightly against him, her back pressing against his chest.

"Just stay here Grace." He said quietly. "I want to hold you one more time."

She choked back tears, her heart clenching tightly in her chest. She nodded weakly, curling into his lap as he kissed her head.

Another hour passed as they sat alone in the limo, Grace curled in his lap, his fingers combing through her hair. Suddenly, a large castle peeked past the treetops of the forest they were driving through.

The spires of the large towers pierced the sky, their shadows looming over the trees. The limo was swallowed by the darkness, the windows tinting black. A large, cold iron gate with iron spikes towered over the limo, two guards on each side. One came to Hunter's side knocking on the window.

Gently, Hunter placed Grace back onto the leather seat, her heart clenching tightly in her chest. He set his face to stone, rolling down the window.

"Prince Hunter, the King is expecting you." The guard said, standing up straight as he nodded to the other side. She jumped at a small tap on her window. She rolled it down, nervously staring at the guard.

Suddenly, his face turned hard. Hunter's hand gripped the back of her head, turning it downward.

"Who is this Prince?" The guard snarled.

Her body shivered, her hands clutching to fists.

"This is my pet, I got her recently so she is still untrained."

She stilled as the guard huffed.

"She better learn how to be respectful quick before someone else has to teach her." He spat.

Hunter's hand on her head tightened, a whimper of pain passing her lips.

"Watch your tongue guard," He snarled. "Remember whose pet you're talking about."

From the corner of her eye, she saw the guard go tense, folding an arm over his chest.

"Forgive me, my Prince."

The gates opened, the limo rolling forward, the cold iron of the gates passing by Grace's window.

Hunter sighed beside her.

"Grace, you'll have to be more careful." He said. "Pets are forbidden to look into people's eyes, even other pets, and slaves."

Grace's mouth dropped open, shocked.

"I'll have to explain to my dad that you're mute, so you won't get into trouble." He turned to her. "When someone talks to a slave, they must say "Yes Master". But since you're mute, you'll be more susceptible to trouble when someone talks to you."

She swallowed, nodding worriedly. He gave a small smile, rubbing her shoulder.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure you're safe." His smile fell. "Do you remember those rules I gave you when you first came home?"

She nodded.

"Well, now they are the most important thing you could remember, because they may just save your life."

Her skin grew to a light shade of white, trembling as he cooed in her ear. She slowly began to calm, breathing deeply at his command.

"Good girl......." He cooed. "Good girl......"

They rolled into the parking lot, the driver rushing from the front seat and pulling open Hunter's door. Taking Grace's arm, he pulled her with him, taking the white, crystaled leash from the driver. He clipped it around her loop, reluctantly slipping his hand from her own.

"No matter what," He whispered as they walked up the steps. "Keep your head down, stay behind me, watch only my feet and don't make eye contact."

She nodded as he rapped at the door. It was silent before the large, ironwood doors creaked open, the servant's face to the ground, his skin pale.

"Prince Hunter, welcome back--"

"Take me to the King." He said sternly.

Grace restrained herself from tapping his arm, telling him to be nice. Her heart jerked as the servant boy flinched, widening the door.

"Very well." He said.

They walked inside, the servant leading the way. His skin was the color of chocolate, his jawline round and his shoulders thin but sturdy. His body was slim, probably from not eating enough.

The servant stopped at large oak doors, knocking lightly.

"Come in." A voice bellowed from the other side.

Hunter took the handle, Grace's leash clutched tightly in his other fist. He pushed it open, the room behind it wide and hollow. The walls seemed to be painted gold, with designs of all kinds on the walls. Deer prancing through a forest, goblins dancing by a fire, the last had Grace blushing like a schoolgirl. The painting showed women dancing for a king, dressed in nothing but skimpy cloth.

The last painting just so happened to sit on the farthest wall, behind a large gold and silver throne. There a large man sat, his body dressed in red, silver and gold robes, skimpily clad women all around his chair, some on their knees, massaging his calves, others by his sides, massaging his shoulders and arms. One stood nearby, holding a large platter of fruits.

Hunter fell to a bow, gently pushing Grace to her knees. She bowed her head, avoiding the King's smoldering gaze.

"Welcome home son. It's been too long."

************

Freakin FINALLY!!!! I AM SO SORRY I TOOK SO LONG!!! PLS ENJOY! THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL IS COMING SOON!!