Chapter 5

That night, Noro opened her eyes after everyone else had gone to sleep. She sat up, and glanced next to her at Rins sleeping figure, and patted the young girls head sorrowfully.

"I'm sorry Rin. I can't stay. I've already spent more time with you guys then I probably should've. You guys aren't safe," she whispered.

The woman stood up slowly, sure to put her blanket over the young orphan, and glanced up at the night sky. Noro took note of the full moon beginning to rise.

"Just a few more minutes," she breathed, "just enough to get away, then I'm all yours."

She left the camp quickly and quietly, heading eastwards through the forest, continuing to glance up at the ever rising moon. She walked for a long time, taking care to wade through streams to lose her scent. She didn't want them to follow her.

It was in a small shadowy clearing that it began.

"AaaaAAUUGH!!!"

Noro screamed, and fell down, scratching at her face with her hands. All she could see was the moons cold, pale face. With a howl, she transformed, bursting into a ball of wirey brown fur, the gleam of the full moon reflecting in her now sulfurous eyes. She howled again, challenging the sky, and ran off.

About an hours journey west, Sesshomarus sensitive ears heard the animalistic howl. His eyes opened.

🍂🍂🍂

Noro opened her eyes and saw blood. There was blood on her hands, on the grass, and blood streaming from seven or so bodies around her.

Some were demons, some were human, but all of them shared a common trait, in that they all had the same sort of wounds written onto their dead flesh. A chaotic masterpiece of death and torture on their bodies.

While Noro knelt on the ground and tears filled her eyes, her ears didn't fail to hear the sound of footsteps. Ten to twelve people appeared around her, and she growled, eyes flashing a poisonous yellow.

They held up makeshift weapons. "So it is true, this demon destroyed Mori and his brothers," one of them breathed.

"No," Noro began to protest, "I'm not-!"

But another transformation overcame her, making the rest of her sentence contradictory, ironic, and frightening.

"A demon," she growled.

The villagers stepped back in fear.

*****

Hey y'all! Happy Thanksgiving!

What think of the chapter? Is she scary enough for ya? Or is she simply cliché?