Chapter 26

"It was nice seeing you Scarlet tell your parents hi for me wouldn't you?" Mabel ruffled Scarlet's long, black, coily hair and she smiled.

"Of course!" She cheered. She waved at Jacob, Landon, and I before walking outside.

××××××××××

We sat with Mabel and Harry and all looked at each other before trying to see how easily we could explain about the nightcrawler.

"We've been being visited by this monster called a nightcrawler, it comes every night since we were four. It makes us do bad bad things, so people took us from our families and kept us in an asylum because they thought that we were oh so crazy! Which we aren't this thing physically hurts us and it's not an image in our heads," I concluded.

"It comes into our bodies and makes us kill people, hurt ourselves too, and we just don't know what it is, the asylum isn't haunted, or poorly taken care of it's actually in a well enough condition," Said Jacob opening his eyes wide.

"We've all been there for a year and more, we luckily escaped due to a fire that started in the basement I think. While the place was very discombobulated we made a run for it," Landon looked at Jacob and I. Mabel and Harry just stared at us. They must be so sure we were actually crazy and ran away from an asylum and now they're living with murderers.

"It's ok children, I believe you. Please just be there for one another. You guys seem a little bothered or scarred. How about a trip to the carnival?" Suggested Mabel.

"The carnival?" I've never been before.

"Yup, you guys should go it'll be fun and hopefully take your mind off of well all that's going on with you guys, children shouldn't be going through such things," Smiled Mabel.Harry still couldn't pull himself together. His jaw was open and his eyes were wide.

"We'll go this evening,"

××××××××××

The large ferris wheel, carousels, booths with yummy smelling food and tacky prizes lined the beach. I loved it. I looked up into the sky and saw the moon, smiling down at me. "You look like you're enjoying yourself," Said Landon. "Oh," I smiled looking down at the sand.

"This looks like fun," Said Landon.

We were walking through the carnival watching people scream from being dropped 35 feet in the air, men tossing darts to hit a balloon for their lady.

"Alright kids, stay safe. I'll be in that café there. Please please stay safe. Here's money for all of you. Buy some candy play some games. Be back at around 8:30," Said Mabel gesturing to the tall four sided clock. We all nodded and accepted our allowance.

"So what are we gonna do?" I asked turning to Landon and Jacob.

"How about that!" I cheered pointing to a guy doing full faces of makeup. I've never ever had my makeup done before. All the girls the guy finished with looked so pretty!

"Ew hell no I'll never do that," Jacob grimaced at the guy. "And that guy looks too gay to function," He added looking back at me. I smiled in response and looked at Landon.

"Sure I'd get my makeup done. It doesn't make me a homo," He shrugged. "Can we do something fun before you two go running to look like Barbie?" Jacob put his hands on his hips.

"No-" I cut off Landon. "Sure! It'd only be fair," I nodded looking at Landon.

"We can go on the slide," He pointed to a tall slide people were sliding down.

I was too too excited. I grabbed both of their hands and pulled them towards the slide. After paying we were given these circular raft looking things before zooming down the steep lumpy slide. I went airborn and screamed almost the whole way down.

I slowed to a stop before Jacob and Landon and stood.

"That was AMAZING!" I cheered jumping up and down. I wasn't that in the mood to get my makeup done again I wanted to ride more rides.

Afterwards we played simple games, like the carousel, the slide many more times, archery, bumper cars, and basketball.

I was having the time of my life with the two most important people to me.

"What now guys?" I asked looking from Jacob to Landon.