Chapter 17

"Oh Lord Iris there you are!" Said Toni running over to me. She helped me up and I still faked being passed out. I glanced at a person on a balcony. It had no doors or windows to reach there. Unless they had a ladder they couldn't possilby reach up there. I haven't seen one ladder since I've been here actually, and that's years.

"See you Matt I'm gonna carry her to Holmer now," Said Toni.

"Alrighty" He turned and walked away with a few other doctors.

"Holmer?" I asked in my best groggy voice.

"Uh yeah, he just wants to see if you're ok Iris," She smiled.

"I'm not a bloody retard Toni, I know he's gonna do something stupid that I don't want to happen," I snapped. Toni looked at me and pursed her lips before carrying on.

×××××××

"Iris Iris oh look at you! You look like a complete mess! Where have you been?!" He asked. Holmer's office had a lot of paintings around it and dull lighting.

"You don't care, so don't ask" I spat.

"Oh yes, but I do. Please tell me," He pointed a long ugly finger with a big ring on it at me.

The special stone was a ruby, bright and red and really large.I looked back at Holmer's nasty face.

"Do what you have to Holmer I'm not afraid of you," I said shaking my head.

"Oh Iris, so stubborn like always" he pinched my cheeks."What is happening with you? You used to always be doing as told and never daring to talk back," Smiled Holmer.

"Well I mean I sorta slapped my doctor in her very beautiful face with a clip board that needs a daring move," I shrugged watching Holmer stand.

"And punching me in the face doesn't?" He smirked.

"You deserved it," I said cautiously turning as he walked around me in a slow circle. He removed the tazer from his waist.

"I have to punish patients like you just with a little elctricity," He smiled.

I've never been tazed before, all I know is if it makes people scream and cry the way they do it hurts.

"Are you going to taze me?" Was all I managed to blurt out, because words couldn't explain how much I didn't want to be tazed.

"Of course I am Iris-" He stopped what is that smell. I sniffed the air. It smelt like smoke, Holmer opened his door and big clouds of smoke piled into the room. I tried to duck out of the room, but Holmer grabbed my ankle choking on smoke and tazing me I screamed and could bareky breathe.

"Help!" I yelped as I used my free leg and kicked Holmer in the face. He was coughing and I kicked him a last time before stumbling to my feet. I ran to the nearest door unsure if I'm going closer to the exit or further in the building. I overheard a doctor yell to another

"Everyone is still locked in their rooms on the second and third floors and the box!" I snatched the keys the doctor was holding and ran. I found emergency stairs and many patients and doctors were evacuating.

"Iris where are you going?" She asked. I pushed past her and ran as fast as I could up the stairs. The worst thing about this building is there is no windows to open and let out smoke.

I ran to Landon's room where he was struggling to breathe through the door. My hands shaking and I was really tense. Wrong key, I tried again wrong key, wrong key.

"Iris go," He coughed as I missed pushing the key into the key hole. "Iris," My eyes started watering and I gasped for air. I flung open the door and looked at other people locked in their rooms, I unlocked a door I was passing just by luck and all the others, people screamed bloody murder as I tried to open as many doors as I could. Landon grabbed my wrist and we started running. I threw the keys through somebody's window and they reached a hand out and unlocked their door and gave the keys to somebody else.

I was feeling the walls and felt something and it got stuck between my fingers. I had no choice, but to carry whatever I'd picked up. I threw it into the big saggy pocket of the pants and sprinted with Landon. We ran downstairs and towards the room with the high roof. The fire was blazing and smoke was coming through the small cracks in the ground.

We ran to the automatic doors until we reached the exit door. It didn't open.