Chapter 21

"Is she ok?" I heard a whisper from near me.

"How the fuck am I supposed to know? Do I look like a freakin' doctor now do I?" I knew it was Jacob.

I felt the feeling of water on my forehead and tore open my eyes. They both jumped back before returning and wrapping me in a soft hug.

"You got caught by the nightcrawler and then you started running 'round then... you lead us to this pond," Said Landon gesturing out to the pond.

"Hooray!" I said sarcastically holding my head. I sat up and got an instant head rush, I rolled over onto my stomach. I turned to look out at the pond. I reached down and drank a lot of water.

"What the fuck is that?" Asked Jacob both of the looking at my ass.

"Excuse me? What the hell are you guys looking at?!" I exclaimed pausing my large gulps.

"Did you get cut on your leg or something?" Both of them looked at me in utter shock.

"What? I don't know what you're talking about," I pushed off of the ground onto my feet and the boys still just sat there staring at me. I looked down at my... well now grey pants stained with strawberry juice and a lot of dirt. Let's not even get started on the dirt-

I pulled on the baggy pants. Blood ran down my whole inner thighs from my crotch.

AHHHHHHHH WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TO ME

I gasped and refused to pull down my pants to check with both of them goggling at me like that. Whatever was happening hurt like hell.

After ignoring my terrible pains and the scent of it which was really embarassing we reached a dirt road.

"Guys road, cars, civilization, we can see if we could get back to our families!" I cheered. The boys looked at me with smiles on their faces.

"Ya only if I could remember where they lived." Sighed Jacob itching his head as we started to walk along the side of the dirt road. The sound of a car neared and using the last bit of energy I had I ran out into the road with Landon and Jacob. The old red pick up truck pulled over and an old couple came out to us.

"Children! Oh my my look at yous!" Said the old lady in a strong Brittish accent.

"Please we need food and water and just a place to stay until we can find our families," I pleaded as the old couple looked at each other.

She looked down at my pants and covered her mouth, "young lady do you have a mother?" She questionned taking a step close to me as she put a hand on my shoulder. The old man went to talk to the boys.

"Um yes I have a mother, but I haven't seen her in... six years and I'm thirteen. Please we can explain why when we just have a shelter," I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"Of course get into the car now children," Said the old man hurrying back to the driver's seat.

××××××××

"I'm Mabel and this is Harry, oh Harry take your shoes off before entering the farm house now!" Said Mabel pointing to Harry's muddy boots. We introduced ourselves as well.

"It's alright honey, now you deal with them kids. I'm going to the paper!" He waved a hand at Mabel.

"You need to help too yeah?" She called to him as he walked away.

"What?" He put a hand to his ear and leaned closer to Mabel.

"You need to help too!" She exclaimed leaning closer to his ears. Landon, Jacob, and I looked at each other.

"Fine whatever, I'll  have them down for breakfast in a bit, you carry on to your papers now darlin'" Said Mabel putting a hand on Harry's back as he walked away.

"This isn't our farm. It's owned by the Farmer Jenkins not too far off this area," Mabel waved a hand in some direction. "Follow me upstairs," she said leading us up a narrow staircase. The walls were decorated with small family pictures that I could only catch a glimpse of as I passed.

"You guys can sleep in here if that's ok!" Smiled Mabel adjusting her thin oval glasses on her face. "Of course," I smiled thankfully looking around. "Here's the bathroom, it's kind of cramped with products in there, there's shampoo and conditioner in there.