Chapter 2

"Iris," somebody whispered. I shook awake and looked about the room.

I was already drenched in sweat. "Why aren't you at home?" I already knew who it was without a doubt. The nightcrawler's voice is doubled. It has an extra ordinarily high-pitched voice and low voice, they both come out while it speaks.

I pulled my head beneath the covers as a hand pulled it off. "Don't cover your face," I looked up only to see a large shadowy figure benidng over me. "I don't like this room Iris I like your old room better. There are so many people here!" It exclaimed as I covered my ears and closed my eyes. "Let's play a game," It suggested. I was so tired and scared I didn't reply. "Come on girl," I felt it's dry crunchy hands lift me out of my bed and put me onto my feet. I covered my mouth and looked up to maybe see it's face. "Let's play tag, I'll be the catcher" it cheered. I backed up until my back hit the wall. "I can give you ten seconds to run," it suggested covering his eyes. "Don't make me catch you" It continued as I slid along the wall as far as I could from it. I tried to open the door, but it was locked. It was probably really late becauss the hallway lights were off.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I pulled on the door. "Aw did you not understand the rules?" It questionned me. I stared at it as it grew taller and walked towards me. It grabbed me by the shoulders, "you run and don't make me catch you," it instructed. "Ok?" It asked. "Ok?!" It repeated until I frantically nodded my head. It smelt like when you poop in a rokm and tried to spray perfume over it. Just to make it smell like tropical fart. I turned to the door. There was a room across from me. "Hello?" I whispered. The door for sure was too far for whoever was in the room to hear me. "Hey" A voice replied. I could only see that somebody was standing there.

"Please help me!" I begged as the nightcrawler grabbed me and held me onto the ground. "You don't understand now do you?!" It yelled. I screamed and started crying as it slashed me across my face. "Help!" I screamed hearing my voice echo down the hallway. My voice cracked multiple times as I shouted for help. "The nightcrawler has me! The nightcrawler has me!" I screamed as it slammed it's hand over my mouth. "My puppet" it screeched.

×××××××××××

The sound of soft voices came from outside followed by the unlocking of my door. I was lying on the floor by the door.

"Good morning Iri-" Toni trailed off as she looked at my face. "Oh lord I have to check the video tapes from last night what happened to you?" She asked inspecting the cut on my cheek. "The nightcrawler" I answered.

She covered her mouth in disbelief. "Come on it's time for breakfast." She helped me off of the ground. She led me to a room where many tables were. "Here's the cafeteria, for minors like you. Breakfast lunch and dinner is served in here." She grinned patting me on the back. "Oh what's for breakfast? Waffles? Pancakes?" I felt myself smile asToni stared at the scratch on my face. She reached down and placed a bandage over the three cuts on my cheek the The longest scratch starting from the corner of my eye until the corner of my mouth.

I glared down at the stale piece of bread and fruits. "This is disgusting" I said to myself looking around. I sat at a table. 'If this is jail why are we wearing white? Where are all the big scary men with tattoos like daddy? Where are all the police?' I thought to myself taking a bite out of an ugly strawberry.

'Wherever I am I hate it and would prefer to be at home," I folded my arms and spat out the strawberry. I took some of the stale bread and at least that tasted better than the fruits that were probably going to give me food poisoning.

The same boy I believed was around my age that I saw yesterday being inspected by many other 'doctors sat infront of me with his tray of food' I stared at him for while before looking back down at my food. "You do know there are other empty tables for you to sit at right?" I asked taking a pnother nibble out of my bread. "So you've been visited by the nightcrawler?" He questionned.

🍒Wow you made it this farr!! Thanks please comment what you think about the book so far. I promise it gets more interesting!!
                ~SpaceBagels