Chapter 6

I moved to out of Landon's doorway and watched the doctors flipped through files, shone light in his eyes, gave him injections, took samples of his blood and inspected his mouth and body. He was wearing ripped jeans and a dirty blue shirt.

"Iris, what are you doing?" Landon whisper-shouted at me. I looked closer at the boy, scars lining his chest and a few on his face. He had light green eyes and light brown hair. He was slowly becoming tired before falling asleep.

An important looking outside man walked to the closest doctor to him.

"How dare you keep two patients of the same case right across from each other?! Move them now! I can't believe this" He wiped his hands across his face. "Do you know what they could possibly talking about!? They have to be ten or younger!" He yelled at the doctor. "How could you be so careless?! How old are the children?" He put his hands on his hips.

The doctor looked down at a file he was holding. "Uhm eleven and thirteen," He sighed.

"Those are the worst ages, the children are going through puberty!" He lowered his voice. "They're going to start getting curious and stubborn. You better have all the information clearing up," he raised his voice again. "Quickly move them apart we can't have them near to each other!" He yelled at the doctor who bowed and walked away.

Toni walked over to me, "back to the room now," she grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Landon. Landon  and I looked at each other for the last time.

-

Many lonely quiet months passed. Very very slowly. Toni stopped pestering me with questions and began giving me pills.

"Iris," a voice whispered in my ear. I sat up quickly feeling sweat drenching my body. "Can you please be my puppet?" It asked.

"What do you mean puppet?" I croaked already feeling it's prescence in the bedroom with me. I felt chills creep down my spine as the nightcrawler disappeared. Sooner than later I blacked out. I woke up outside of my room door many doctors and a few patients crowded around me. Of course it was morning this many people aren't out at night.

My whole body hurt, but especially my head. My forehead was wiped of blood and my vision was blurry. I still couldn't see straight yet alone sit up. A light blue ice pack was slapped onto my forehead by that nurse I hate so much.

"Well I'll be damned," she gasped. Toni kneeled down next to me.

"Iris? Are you alright? Do you think you can stand?" I wanted to stand. I wanted to see why everybody was goggling at me like that. I stood to my feet and stumbled. Toni caught me before I fell, I turned my head to look at my room. The door was busted open and my blood was on the door. It's like I used my head as a battering ram and smashed it against the door until it gave way.

I instantly felt light headed and all in all terrible. I pouted and felt tears swell up in my eyes.

×××××××

I shoved an ugly apple slice into my mouth. It hurt to chew, but it's not like anybody cared what I thought.

"Hey," somebody said. I strained to look up at the boy I hadn't seen in a long while. It was the boy who was being attacked by the outside woman.

"Can I sit here?" He asked.

"Sure," I moaned. My whole body ached as he sat across from me.

"I can't believe these people, they've labeled me as a schizophrenic" he took a bite out of his sandwich.

"Me too, so what did you do to that lady? Was that your grandma? Your mom?" I asked.

"I don't remember the night well, but it was the last strike. This woman claimed I've been breaking into her house and stealing things, she said I killed her cat, would eat their food, stare at her new born baby sleep etcetera," He shook his head. "But, I don't do these things. Then the last thing I remember was throwing her new born off Henson's Bridge. Apparantly it got stabbed by a sharp rock when it landed"

"I killed her damn baby and that's all she was yelling at me about. The police said that I am just mentally ill and didn't give a shit about her fucking baby," he spat. "Then they carried me here, where I will continue to wish my death until it comes," he shrugged.

🍒Thanks for reading this far!!! ILYY💗 Please don't forget to vote and comment any issue or your thoughts about the book. It would really help. Thxxx
                 ~SpaceBagels