Chapter 8

"There is something wrong," I didn't realize I was staring until she turned and stared at me as well.

"So you two having a staring contest?" Jacob rolled his eyes. "And yes Iris like I just said like point 3 seconds ago there is something wrong. Of course there's something wrong. Why wouldn't there be something wrong?" His voice raising as I came back to earth and looked at him. "This place is bullshit and is just bullshitting me with all these bullshit drugs telling me their bullshit will help me get better when I'm not even sick!" He gasped.

"I've been here just for a few months and I'm going to die I've only seen the sun like 10 times! Ten times. No wonder everbody in here is turning pale and gross. My TAN IS GONE. I'm a fucking snowman. Look how WHITE I AM!" He exclaimed. A few nearby people looked over along with their doctors.

"Excuse me," A man walked to Jacob, "it's time for you to go back to your room." He patted him on the shoulder and he flinched. He pulled Jacob out of the cafeteria. "Tonight I'm going to find a way to break out of our rooms and we can do some snooping" He mouthed.

"What if we get caught? And.. how?!" I mouthed, he didn't answer because the man yanked on the back of his shirt making him slam into the door and then shoved him out. I sighed and stood. I looked around, a group of doctors standing by the door. I walked towards the door, Toni looked at me, "hey, Iris wait on me-" I pushed open the door and looked around.

"What are you doing Iris where are you going?" Asked Toni grabbing my arm. "Why did you move me from my best friend? It isn't because he's older than me is it? There's something wrong... with all of this! I know I'm not crazy," Toni stared at me.

"Like I said," She hesitated to speak. "He's a teenager now so he's a floor up," She nodded. "Let's take you to the nurse for a hair cut and some meds," she shrugged off what I'd said.

"Toni what are you not telling me?" I questionned. Landon and I would eat together, talk to each other, share nightcrawler experiences and sooo much more. He is like my best friend.

I was not answered, but instead I was ushered to the nurse.

She cut my hair and gave me more pills. I looked at my shoulder length hair then at the nurse. She inspected scars left on my face and iced my still swelling and beating forehead. "Why did you do this to your face little girl?" She shook her head at me.

"Like I've said every single time you've asked me. The nightcrawler, what is the medicine you've been feeding me for six years doing exactly?" I said flatly. Toni and the nurse looked at each other.

"I'm going to ask Holmer if I can give her the injection, I don't see why she should be here if she's just gonna ask more questions."

"What's the injection?" I asked and the nurse shrugged "Iris you wouldn't understand-" I glared at the nurse.

"And how would you know that?!" I screamed.

"You just won't!" She yelled slamming her hand on the table her face nearing mine. "You are crazy you are hurting yourself I'm normal and you aren't!" She screamed. Toni put her hand on the nurse's shoulder, "she's still a patient you can't shout at her," she said calmly as the nurse moved away from Toni.

"You aren't normal!" I called after her. "You are abnormally stupid" I spat at the nurse as she turned and glared at me.

×××××××

Someone called my name and I rolled over. I was just waiting for the nightcralwer to drop by and tell me hi, when my room door opened.

"Iris?" The person repeated shining a flashlight light at me.

"Hello?" I groggily whispered back.

"It's me Jacob, c'mon let's go." He whispered. He flicked on another flashlight and tossed it at me. I lamely missed catching it and it hit the ground and almost shattered. The sound echoed down the quiet corridor. "You fucking idiot!" I whisper-shouted back to him.

NightCrawler✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें