Chapter 23

I glared at him as he laughed. "The last thing I saw was a man dressed as lettuce twirling a sign around that said 'lettuce all join together and save the earth by visiting the convenience of Lettuce Land,'" Laughed Jacob. I pushed him.

"You need to be positive have hope in our generation God damn it!" I exclaimed.

"Positivity? For sure I'm optimistic, I'm sure as hell not a pessimist, but like seriously?!" He didn't stop his laughter. "Lettuce Land. Lettuce join together!" He gasped as he held his stomach. I bit back a smile and rolled my eyes.

Landon showered for like fifteen minutes.

"You were in there for too long get the hell outta my way," Jacob pushed passed Landon who was drying his hair with a towel.

"My bad," He said to me. Jacob closed the door without locking it.

His hair was obviously still wet even while he tried to dry it. He wore a shirt too big for him and pants that were too big for him as well."So how do you feel?" I asked as he put a hand on his hip.

"Clean, and very very happy," He nodded. "I can't wait to shower!" I squealed. Just imagine showering after being sweaty, blood stained, dirty, stinky, strawberry juice covered, grassy, muddy..." I looked down at the sneakers I had that were once bright white, but are now grey with dirt and a lot of other things on it.

"I think I'm gonna sit outside on the porch, you wanna sit with me?" He asked.

"Sure," I shrugged. Jacob's fine he doesn't need me to wait outside for him while he showers.

I sat on the porch next to Landon and rested my back on one of the cushions. Far out into the open we could see meadows and a few farm animals. "Tomorrow we should definately check there out!" I smiled watching a goat take grass into it's mouth.

A collie ran over to us out of nowhere and dove into my lap.

I gasped as the big ball of light brown and white fuzz rolled around in my lap.

"Hi baby!" I cooed rubbing the dog's stomach.

"I see you've met Valley," Said Harry who had come out onto the porch.

"Valleyyy-" I grinned putting my head on Valley's. She pressed her cold wet nost to my hairline before continuing to pant uncontollably.

"She's a shetland sheep dog. Adorable thing. Valley's the farmer's dog, but she occaisonally comes down here." Said Harry. I nodded my head and Landon sneezed. I looked at him again and his nose was red.

"Lan your nose is red, do you have dog allergies or something?" I smiled as he stood. Small pieces of Valley's fur floated around the air and Landon rubbed his nose.

"Ugh," He sighed sniffling. "My my come inside Landon. I'll bring you some tea," He nodded walking inside. "You okay with staying out here alone?" Asked Landon as I nodded my head. "I'm great, let Jacob know I'm out here." I said as Landon gave me a thumbs up and walked inside.

Not too long later the pickup truck returned. Mabel came out with a few reusable bags. I rushed to help her with the five bags. "Valley would you like some food?" She smiled at the jumping dog, I plopped the bags on the table and a soft box fell out of one of them. 'Comfy pads that move with you!' What the hell are pads?

"Here you go, hunny!" Said Mabel handing Landon who was sipping some tea a shirt and jeans. "These are supposed to fit you, but if they don't I'm truly sorry! There are some more in the bags," smiled Mabel.

She took my hand gently in hers, "no need to help unpack, the boys can do that, right Harry?" Mabel called to her husband who was sitting around the dining table reading a news paper.

"Sure thing," He folded the paper and stood.

Mabel lead me upstairs, "I would like you to take a shower, and wash your hair, shampoo then conditioner ok? And when you finish just call me before you dress into your clothes," Smiled Mabel. "Ok," I nodded.

When I was left alone I pulled off the big shirt and pants. I dropped the bloody and really dirty clothes on the floor and turned on the water. I looked in the mirror before pulling off the bra they gave me and underwear. Scars bruises and blood scattered across my body. I ran my fingers over them, oh gosh.