Chapter 25

I pushed the side of the bread with the butter on it in his face and he took a step back his mouth open. I pushed the bread into his mouth and he chewed it glaring at me while he did, the pale yellow butter still on his face. I snickered at Landon and took another slice of bread.

He wiped his face in his hand and I looked at him the moment he wiped the butter from his face into mine. I stumbled backwards and laughed rubbing the butter that had gotten onto my index finger and thumb while I was buttering the bread into his face. We just laughed and wiped butter on each other.

Harry and Mabel watched us with amused looks on their faces, Valley watched us with confusion and I glanced at Jacob who was placing a fork onto the table.

I looked at him and felt a blush clawing at my cheeks when I realized he was already looking at me.

He held our gaze for a few more seconds the smallest hint of jealousy in his eyes, then he looked back at the table, "I'm sorry," Laughed Landon handing me a paper towel while he wiped butter from his face.

"Oh it's fine," I fanned a hand at him after wiping the butter from my face.

"Valley!" A girl's voice called from outside. I walked to the door and opened it a girl around my age stood there. She wore shorts and a spaghetti strap top. "Is Valley here?" She grinned at me.

"Yeah.." I said as Valley squeezed in between my legs and ran at the girl, "oh yeah thanks," She said.

"Yeah," I plastered a smile on my face and closed the door.

"It was Scarlet, oh ask her if she wants to eat breakfast with us-" I looked at the dining table that only had space for Harry, Mabel, Jacob, Landon, and I.

"We don't have space for her," I stated.

"No no she can eat with us I'll eat outside," Said Harry. Landon looked at us and Mabel finished the scrambled eggs.

"I don't mind," She said when she realized we were all looking at her to see if we should let whoever the fuck Scarlet is eat with us.

"Go and call her Iris, she might make a nice friend for you," Smiled Mabel.

"All of my friends are in this house... and Valley," I gestured to everyone in the kitchen. Mabel and Harry looked at each other, I avoided eye contact with everyone in the room.

"Just go get the girl Iris," Shrugged Jacob.

"Why don't you go get her?!" I snapped. Jacob looked taken aback by my outburst before walking up to me and opening the door his eyes never leaving mine, before walking outside.

Oh no, I just snapped at Jacob. Landon didn't really care as he shared out his food. I slowly made my way back to where the pan was with the eggs in it and shared my bit. I sat around the table and sighed. I guess I just don't like the thought of another girl around here. Jacob and Scarlet came back talking and smiling at each other. I didn't realize I was staring until Scarlet saw me staring not at her, but Jacob.

"Hi I'm Scarlet," She held a hand out to me.

I looked at her and then back at my eggs, "yeah I know," I grimaced. She dropped her hand and nodded.

"So what's your name?" She beamed like I hadn't just denied her handshake.

I pursed my lips as an answer and she nodded her head for the billionth time."That's Iris," Jacob looked at Scarlet. He introduced everybody else, and I just glared at him.

If I wanted her to know my name I would've told her. Everyone talked when suddenly Mabel asked us why we were where we were when we were. "Well we see this thing-" Started Landon when I caught his eye and shook my head. I looked at Scarlet then back at him.

"Oh it's a private thing, we can talk later," He ended.

"Oh um ok?" Said Mabel.

For the rest of breakfast we ate in silence. Scarlet constantly tried to start a conversation, but it would always end like a minute later.

"The eggs are like extra yummy today! It's like there was a secret ingredient added that just makes it taste so much better!" Squealed Mabel. Yeah my butter, Landon and I looked at each other then smiled before looking back at our food.

"Thank you for having me for breakfast, I'll be off now," Smiled Scarlet when she had finished washing her plate.