Chapter 5

"C'mon Iris," Toni unlocked my door and put her arm around my shoulder. I'm now taller than her maybe just by an inch. She is really small and I'm only eleven.

"I'm thinking about moving your room to an all girls section," said Toni.

"What?!" I accidentally shouted. "Yeah I don't think you should be so close to Landon," she walked me to a room where the doctors examined my cut nose. "What happened?" The nurse asked me. "The nightcrawler hit me that's all," I looked down at the nurse. She rubbed cream on it and threw a plaster over it.

"The footage shows you cutting your own face." The nurse shrugged. "Can anybody in this world convince you that the nightcrawler doesn't exist?" The nurse asked.

"Nope I saw it so it's gotta stay there forever unless one night it just disappears" the nurse and Toni looked at each other. "Alrighty little girl," she pat me on the head.

"I'm not a baby," I sighed. She nodded her head.

"I think I should give her the injection" The nurse folded her arms. "She still has hope!" Whisper-shouted Toni. "I've been with her for four years, I know she can be oddly stubborn and rude sometimes, but she's not hopeless I don't think it's time-" the nurse glared at Toni.

"Well I do, some people have been successfully gotten over their fear of it and left the institute, but here we are Toni here we are," The nurse turned away from Toni and walked away. "And her hair needs a cut!" The nurse yelled back at us.

Toni lead me away, "what's the injection?" I asked.

"That's nothing, but you should have your time to tell Landon bye for now. Bye and see you in 2 years if you're still here," smiled Toni.

"What?!" I asked. "He's thirteen now, he's going to the pre-patients. You're eleven. Ok?" She asked.

I nodded my head, Toni unlocked Landon's door. "You can talk to him for few," She nodded walking away.

I sat next to Landon. "Can you believe this?" I asked, my shoulder brushed his and the static electricty shocked me. It was a lot stronger than normal static and it jabbed through my whole body.

"Believe what?" He questionned furrowing his eyebrows.

"That they are moving you to the floor above us," I folded my arms.

"Oh yeah that," Why isn't he looking at me? I tried to make his eyes meet mine by staring at him.

"It's not gonna be the same without you, I won't be able to boast about my riches to you anymore." I pouted. Landon finally looked at me and rolled his eyes and ran a hand through his messy dark brown hair.

"I'm moving a floor up doesn't that mean that I'm a higher rank than you?" He smirked looking me up and down.

"Nope it just means you're older and also means there's a chance you're gonna die before me" I shrugged. "I'm really gonna miss seeing you, you just wait until I move up there! You'll here all about my lonely times," I just couldn't stop touching my hair and fiddling with my fingers.

We locked eyes, "well Mrs. Iris I don't want to see you up there!" His words hit me really hard in the face. I almost fell of the chair. Ouch. "Because you need to get out of here," He looked back at the loose thread he was playing with. Not to mention our clothes are way too big for us, but the doctors always say 'one size fits all!' Then awkwardly winks at us.

People who are not doctors or patients that we oh so rarely see we like to call them outside people. Only once for the week do they let us see sunlight. They strap us down and say 'it's vitamin D time!' Then once more awkwardly wink at us.

"Well if I leave you have to leave too" I stated shaking my head.

"Iris I'm just so-" Screaming came from outside followed by an outside lady at least in her late fifties was trying to get to the screaming person who was being wrestled by other doctors.

"Go away you mad lady!" He yelled his voice cracking. Landon and I stood in the door way and watched as the outside lady ran to the boy.

"My baby! My baby! I will get you! You crazy boy! You crazy crazy boy! You messed with the wrong family! I will get to you! You-my-my-" the lady sobbed. "My baby!" She melted to her knees as the doctors who were holding her away from the boy stood from her.