Josh's heart clenched. "I just need you to believe it."

Tyler's thumb began rubbing the side of Josh's hand as they continued to look at one another. "I'm trying to."

"That's all I can ask."

The two worked on their homework in relative silence until the bell rang. They let go of one another's hands so the two could get their things. Mrs. Black watched Tyler warily the whole time, looking as if she thought he was going to snap.

He sent her a reassuring smile as he put his bag on and led Josh out of the classroom.

They were making their way towards the cafeteria so Josh shoved his hands in the pockets of his jeans. "What's that for?" Tyler asked.

"Oh well I just don't know if you want people to know we're together."

Tyler let out a hum as he pulled Josh's hand out and held it, more gently this time. "Fuck anyone who has a problem. I'll take care of it if anyone does."

Josh laughed. "What are you gonna do?"

Tyler smirked. "You underestimate me, baby."

Josh's heart began racing at the nickname and he knew if he were a cartoon character he would for sure have heart eyes.

Tyler didn't seem to notice he used the nickname and the two just continued walking towards their lunch spot.

When they approached the table Jenna saw them and smiled. "Hey cuties!"

Josh blushed as he sat down next to Tyler. "Hey," the latter replied with a smile.

"I see you're in a better mood."

Tyler paused for a moment. "Yeah. Josh helped," he paused again. "Oh, before I forget! I can't hang out much this week or next because my first basketball game is next week and have a ton of practices."

"That's okay!" Josh assured.

Tyler paused again. "Would you uh—" he swallowed. "—would you like to come watch me play? You don't have to but—"

Josh smiled. "Of course I'll come see my boyfriend kick ass."

Jenna gushed. "You guys are cute together wow I'm such a good matchmaker."

Josh's blush only deepened and Tyler let out a hum. "I don't know about myself but Josh sure is cute."

Josh covered his face and let out a whine. "Stop!"

Tyler and Jenna laughed and even if it was at the expense of his embarrassment, he was glad Tyler was in a better mood.

Their laughing was cut off when he saw Jordan approaching their table with an excited look on his face. He sat down next to Josh and waited until the older was facing him to speak.

"Uh hello?"

"I asked a girl out on a date!"

"Okay..."

"And she said yes!"

"Good for you," Josh spoke sincerely. "Would I know her?"

Jordan shook his head. "Probably not. Her name's Rylee. I met her at the party. She's gorgeous and she has a good personality which is different than the girls I'm usually attracted to."

Jenna let out a laugh but then slightly covered her mouth with her hand to stifle it. "Sorry," she giggled, sending Josh an apologetic look.

Josh looked back at his brother. "Is she a sophomore?"

"Yeah. She's blonde. Brown eyes. Maybe these two know her?"

Josh looked and saw Jenna shaking her head. "Our school's pretty big and I don't really talk to underclassmen I don't have class with. Maybe Ty knows her? He didn't really talk to many people before this year but he might know her now."

"What's her last name?" He asked, a look on his face that sounded like he was trying to recall something.

"Archer."

Tyler thought for a moment. It looked like something was on the tip of his tongue. He sighed. "I think she sounds familiar but I don't know how I know her. Sorry."

Jordan shrugged. "All good. Anyway just wanted to stop by and have my big bro pretend to be proud of me."

"I am proud of you. Hopefully this girl works out. Or at least for a little bit."

Jordan smiled. "Yeah. Hopefully. I really like her. Like not just me being an annoying teenage boy I thought she was breathtaking the first time I saw her."

"I'm happy for you," Josh added.

"Thanks," Jordan got up. "I'll see you after school, bub."

"Bye, Jor."

The three waited for him to walk off before Jenna let out a coo. "Both Dun brothers are getting into relationships how cute."

Josh rolled his eyes but there was a smile on his face.

For once, things were actually looking up.