chapter 1

*Finn's POV* It's been 6 months since Rachel left. I'm still in New York. College is going well. I'm done with my first year... So that's good..... Let's just get to the real shit. I've been miserable. I lie at night missing her. It's not the same without her by my side. I've been so lonely. Quinn and Puck helped me out in the beginning. They still do, but she's seven and a half months pregnant, and they have bigger things to worry about than me. And I totally understand. I don't begrudge them for it... I know the uncertainty and excitement are hard to handle. I usually go down and hang out with Puck for a few hours while Quinn's at school. He says her pregnancy hormones are all over the place. At one moment she's crying, then yelling, then laughing. He's been really stressed. I wish I had that to deal with. It would distract me from the emptiness.

*He heads down to Puck and Quinn's apartment to eat dinner with them.*
Puck: Hey man! Long time, no see!
Finn: Yeah! Good to see ya.. *they do a "bro hug"*
Quinn: *yelling from their bedroom* Is that Finn, Puck?!?!?!
Puck: *yells back* Yeah!
Finn: Is she doing ok?
Puck: Yeah, she's fine. Same as always...
Finn: Yeah... Sorry about that, man.
Puck: Nah! It's ok... all part of the parenthood thing. I'm used to it now.
Finn: Figure out how to control her?
Puck: No, but I figured out how to avoid her when she's mad. *sly smile*
Finn: Should I ask?
Puck: Probably not... but, if you ever find the one, and need my assistance, I'm here for ya. I've got it all figured out, dude.
Finn: You're the master...
Quinn: *walks in* Hey Finn! How are you?
Finn: I'm fine, but what about you? You're huge!..... in the nicest way.... That was a compliment.
Quinn: *smiles* You always were awkward... But I'm doing good.... So is this little munchkin! *rubs her swollen belly*
Finn: Well good! Yeah, Puck said you had a doctor's appointment tomorrow.
Quinn: Yeah... we've finally decided that we want to know if it's a boy or girl.
Finn: Ooh! Exciting!
Quinn: Well, we were tired of waiting... He couldn't stand it anymore.
Puck: She swears it's a boy, but I think it's a girl... I know it.
Quinn: Well you're going to get a big, fat "I told you so" when HE comes...
Puck: *smirks*
Quinn: *notices Finn standing there laughing to himself* Well, sorry Finn... Dinner's ready. Do you want to eat?
Finn: Yeah, sounds good. *smiles at her then turns to Puck and smirks*