Rhys X Reader (Tales From The Borderlands)

Warnings: Cursing and some light fluff ; )
......................................................................

My feet dragged along the dry sand as the scorching hot sun of Pandora beat down on my back. I was traveling with my best friends Rhys and Vaughn. My feet hurt so bad, it felt like someone had stabbed, poked, and shot them repeatedly, tossed them into a skags mouth, the skag regurgitated them, someone sewed them back on and forced me to walk on a royal carpet of legos. That's how bad it was. "I can't do this! We're gonna die!! We're ALL gonna DIE!!" Rhys yelled from behind me. I sighed. I swear, I'm the only man here. "Oh shut up ya big baby! Just keep walking. The sooner we find Fiona and Sasha, the sooner we get to find The Gortys Project." I smiled into my sentence. "Yeah.. Y/N's right lets just get this over with." Vaughn said in determination. We all walked in comfortable silence. In the distance I heard footsteps. Like someone or worse... something was after us. I squinted and stopped dead in my tracks. A dark figure was coming closer to us in the distance. I couldn't make out what it was through the heated blaze, making my vision blurry. "You guys see that?" I asked. "Ok she can see it too. I honestly just thought I was trippin' balls for a minute there." Rhys spoke up in a relieved tone. I scoffed and laughed at his remark. We all watched as the figure got closer. An adult skag came into view and my eyes lit up. "Guys... we should run.." I said. "What?? Why!?" Vaughn asked in fear. "That may or may not be a skag.. But before you panic Vaughn... I might be able to help this current situation." I said. I turned to face the still approaching skag and squinted again. I cupped my hands around my mouth and yelled. "HEY! YEAH YOU! TURN AROUND RIGHT NOW AND... uhhhh.. NO ONE GETS HURT!!" I yelled at the skag. He dragged his feet in the sand and came to a stop. His beady eyes stared at me as he cocked his head to the side. "See guys I told yo-" I couldn't finish my sentence before the skag started to come after us faster. "NOPE! NOPE I WAS WRONG! I MADE IT A WHOLLLEEE LOT WORSE THAN IT ALREADY WAS!!" I yelled bolting away in the other direction. I pushed past Rhys and Vaughn while almost falling. I soon heard pitter patter from behind and both Rhys and Vaughn joined me from behind. The skag was slowly catching up to us. In a few moments, the skag was right behind me. I glanced behind myself as I ran and was met with the sight of piercing white teeth. I screamed and pushed myself to run faster, no matter how hard my feet hurt. I felt something wrap around my ankle. I was jerked backwards and I fell onto the hard, cracked sand. The skags teeth dug into me as I wrestled it off me. Within a few pushes, the skag ran away... with my shoe. "Oh, screw you too!" I yelled back at the skag. I rolled my eyes and looked at my now bare sock. Blood started to soak through and I cursed silently. "Aww come onnn! These were my favorite socks." I muttered under my breath. I sounded like a child but I didn't care. I just lost my fuckin' shoe. I touched it and I retracted my hand from the stinging sensation. "Well isn't this just fan-fucking-tastic!" I screeched. "OHMYGOSH Y/N! Are you ok??!" Vaughn yelled at me frantically. I sighed heavily. "I'm fine. Stupid skag stole my shoe." I mumbled in annoyance. "Need a lift?" Rhys asked. He gestured to his back. I blushed a little. "No Rhys its ok. I'm ok. I can walk perfectly fine. On. My. Own. Observe." I smirked. "Vaughn. Help me up." I put my hand out. Vaughn grabbed my hand into his and helped me up with ease. "See I'm perfectly fi-" As soon as I said that, I lost my balance and fell onto the floor face first. I lifted my head up from the sand and spit out a mouthful of it. I looked at Rhys in irritation. I scoffed. "I meant to do that." I crossed my arms. I got up with Vaughn's help again and I started to dust myself off. "Uh huh. That face plant said otherwise." Rhys said with a straight face. "UGH. Fine!" I yelled. Vaughn helped me up once more and assisted me with getting on Rhys' back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and put my head on his shoulder. His arms were hooked around my legs so I didn't fall. It felt a little nice... to be this close to him. 

No Y/N. He.. He likes Sasha.

Time Skip

After awhile of walking, I started to play with Rhys' hair. He giggled. "What are you doing?" I smiled and ruffled his hair. "Playing with your hair. It's soft." I smiled. He chuckled in response. "Thanks." I giggled and wrapped my arms tighter around his neck. My face was buried in his shoulder. I breathed in his nearly intoxicating scent. After a few short moments of my face being buried in Rhys' shoulder, I broke the silence. "Rhyysssss!" I whined. "What do you want?" He joked. "I can walk. You don't have to carry me!" I protested. "But I want to. I don't want you getting more hurt then you already are." He said softly. "Awwww! Does Rhysie care for me?" I teased him. "Yes. I do actually. A lot. And I don't know what I'd do if something happened to you. So just.. let me carry you." He said a little louder than his previous words. His tone was very sweet but laced deep with concern and seriousness. I was flattered and I felt the butterflies in my stomach start to swell. I wobbled a little and hopped off his back; surprisingly landing. He turned to face me. "I'll be ok Rhys." I smiled at him. I wrapped my arms around him and nuzzled my face into his chest. He hugged back right away and we sat there for what felt like an eternity. "Guys. Get a room. Please." Vaughn crossed his arms over his bare, toned chest. I nervously laughed and pulled away. We continued to walk through the deserts of Pandora. Vaughn was ahead of us and I was walking right beside Rhys. I took a deep breath and sneakily slipped my hand into his. He looked down in surprise. 

Maybe he does like me..

And we walked together hand in hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey guys! Here's a Rhys x Reader from TFTBL. I made sure to kinda try make this one funny but uh idk of I succeeded. But I am absolutely in LOVE with this character and I hope you guys enjoyed! As always I hope you had a great day!! : )