Chapter 8

"Well it was definitely working if you were, he looked like he wanted to kill me" he laughed "But if he wasn't man enough to deserve you then, his loss I suppose" he takes another sip.
"So apart from drinking tea, what other things do you like? I asked, because I realised I never really got to know Dylan, other than what people had told me, and the times we spent together apart from sex and whiskey, I didn't know him personally. "Well, I like camping, and horse riding, I love to learn languages and I love horror movies" he said and I was anxious to hear more about him "That's about it really" he said and I was disappointed "Come one Jeremy, there must be more to you than just what you've told me and your boy next door charm" I giggle like a school girl.
"You think I have a charm" he raised his eyebrow flirtatiously "Oh come on, every girl at that factory who is single was burning holes me in after you and I had a little chat" I scoff and can't believe he doesn't know that he's impossibly cute.
"I don't know what your talking about" he grinned at me "But seriously, I know that there looking but, it's just lust, they don't want to know the real me, like you" he smiled at the last sentence.
"Well yeah, that's why I wanted to see you" I flirt "I was actually going to come see but you showed up in the elevator" he looked surprised.
"Really? you were coming to see me? he sounded surprised again "Well yeah, I have a few hours to kill before my sign language class, and before work" I smiled "So I thought it would be fun to catch up before hand" I blush and he smiles.
He finishes his tea and rinses it in the sink, I finish mine and rinse it as well I reach for the towel and our fingers touch "Oh sorry, you should use it first" he blushes.
I wipe my mug dry and then I hand it to him, he has strong hands, like carpenters hands, that would explain how he is so strong, he must have to start working at a young age.
"What" he says softly "Nothing, It's just nice" I stumbled over my words.
"Nice to what? he asked intrigued "Nice to talk to someone and it not being, I don't know, rushed or complicated it's just simple, you know" I admit and he looks me in the eyes "I know exactly what you mean, those girls at the factory, I tried to talk to them" he sighed heavily "But every time I do they don't care about what I had to say, they just stare and gawk at me, and probably have no idea what I just told them " he shakes his head in annoyance.
"They just laugh, and tell me that I'm so funny, or that I should hang out with them sometime" he bites his lips and he has anger in his eyes.
I move close to him and ours eyes meet again, and I reach my arms out and I hug him, tightly and warmly, letting him let out his frustrations, he hugs me back and his storms arms wrap around my back and he buries his head into my shoulder and he lets out a big sigh.
Still hugging I try and talk to him "So why do you like horse riding? I ask him not wanting to break the hug "My mum and dad used to take my sister and I, I thought I would out grow it, but after they died" he sighed "I couldn't let go of it"
He pulls away and it looks like he's going to kiss me, but instead he just coughs and walks back to table and sit down next to him "Thanks for listening Hannah, I've never told someone that before" he smiles.
He looks down at his phone and his expression and mood changes immediately "Sorry I have to go, my sister says she can't get the hot water to work again" he rolls his eyes "I'll see you at work Hannah" he says and he gets up and leaves, but he waves on his way out.
He's at least a lot more polite than Dylan is, at least Jeremy waves when he leaves, and he doesn't leave when we have a moment, even if I am reading a bit too much into it.
The silence in the hallway is ruined by yelling coming from the hall way, it's probably Dylan and Bella again, probably about baby names or something stupid like that, ugh what ever I don't care, I put the tv and watch my tv show for a bit before I have to make my way to campus, I head out quickly to make sure I don't bump into Dylan in the hallway or Bella for that matter, I take my car again and I park at the parking lot and annoyingly Dylan parks next to me, I get out of my car quickly and I almost sprint to my sign language, "Why are you sprinting when you know we have the same class together" Dylan calls out to me but I'm not going to respond, even though I know he's right, I can't avoid him, but I can sure avoid talking to him, and that's what he wants me to do is talk to him, well I won't give him the satisfaction.