Chapter 5

The class finishes and Dylan power walks out of the class and i get up slowly, collecting my things and then I head towards the car park and put my books in the passenger seat, I check my phone and I still have plenty of time but I head towards work not all in that much of a hurry, I park my car in one of the bays and it's free parking, I climb out of the car and go up to the gates and I press the call button on the speaker box.
"My names Hannah Goodman, I'm here for my first shift" I say and a few minuets later the gate buzzes open and other employees go through the rotating doors using a swipe card, I will probably get mine in the orientation, I walk up the staircase into a large office building and there's a lady with a name tag on, her name was Maria and she was very welcoming, she was a middle aged lady with a lovely brown tanned skin, and silky raven black hair, with the prettiest blue eyes I've seen on a girl.
"Here is your keycard my dear, try not to loose it" she handed my a swipe card with a lanyard attached to it "Welcome too Walters Goodies" she said with a smile and showed me to the ladies changing rooms.
"There's plenty of toilets, and to the right there is a shower if you ever want to have one before or after your shift" she guided me thorough the amazing looking bathrooms, they smelt like lavender which put a smile on my face.
"And this is your locker, you'll have to bring your own lock and key" she smiled and then handed me my yellow vest "Lauren will be here shortly to give you your tour"
She said and then walked back up to the office and I tried to shake off all my nerves.
"Of course Dylan's parents own this place, I wondered why I got the job" I say to myself and put my vest on.
A few minuets later a pretty girl with freckles on her pale skin and lucius red hair, came up to me with another welcoming smile.
"Hi there, you must be Hannah, my name is Lauren and I'll be your tour guide, shoulder to cry on and best friend if needed" she said with glee and lead my around the factory, showing me the different departments, some harder to get into than others, and she showed me where everyone starts, the sorting hat she calls it.
I am of course asked to speak in front of everyone and tell them a bit about my self, so I keep it simple and we get on with our stretches before we begin work.
One of the mangers comes up to me and pulls me aside "Now Hannah, because of your previous work experience in our sister company's factory, you will be using a machine" he said and I was excited, I used to work for a small retail company that started off with just apparel and then expanded massively over the few years.
He lead me to the pallet rider that I will be using, and then showed me the questionnaire you have to take before using the machine.
"Don't get any of the questions wrong, or the machine will shut down and you will have to grab one of us to reset it for you" he mentioned.
I answered a bunch of safety questions and then I felt really excited, I had learn how to drive this machine in my last few months at my old job, so I hadn't forgotten much, it was mostly muscle memory.
"Right, so you all you have to do is bring pallets for the fork light drivers, and take the pallets when two them are full, put them in the right lane and make sure the label is facing the right way" he told me and then left me to do my own thing, which was great I hated when people hovered over you when it wasn't necessary.

On my lunch I grabbed something from the vending machine and sat by myself watching the small television that was in the lunch room, I heard a chair being pulled back next to me and a cute boy with short black curly hair sat down next to me, he was very toned and had lovely hazel eyes, I stopped eating for a second to shake his hand "Jeremy, nice to meet you" he said "And what's your name" he raised his eyebrow waiting for my answer "Hannah, my name is Hannah" I say, he's very cute he looks a lot like famous twin actor I've seen on tv.
"I see they've put you on a machine, have you driven one before? he asked.
"Yes, at my old job, they trained me up for a few months" I say taking a bite of my salt and vinegar chips.
"Cool, I work over in the heavy section, that's where all the long and bulky stuff is" he mentions and I try not to look to interested "Cool, I thought you were going to say heavy stuff" I let out a little laugh "Doesn't sound nearly as impressive" he smirks.
"Hi Jeremy" one of the workers says but he ignores her "So you and Lauren are fiends" he asked trying to keep our conversations going.
"Yeah, she's really nice, she gave me a great tour" I smile "I can show you around if you want" he offers but something tells me his "tour" involves us being alone together "No thanks, I've seen all that I need to" I say, hoping he wasn't offended.
"Okay, well if you change your mind let me know" he says and get's up and heads out of the lunch room, and the whispers and chatter behind me gets loud again.
I enjoy my last few minuets of lunch and then head straight back to work, I think I've made a good impression so far, doing my job well, meeting new co workers, and picking up things relatively fast.