"It's okay, Lucifer. I told you, I'm not going to leave, right?", she held his hand while he was embarrassed. "By the way, who are these guys? I have never seen them before, besides of the exorcists."

"They are healer demons. They are working directly under the orders of the royal family in Gehenna. Father sent them to help me heal sooner. Not to mention, the exorcists wanted to learn about how to handle deteriorating demon vessels, so these healers are the best to ask for help", he explained while they bowed before her.

"I see."

Soon, they finished wrapped some bandages over his feet. They helped him lied in bed, and they left.

Shizuka sit near his bed and examined his look closely. "I see that you have improved nicely. The deterioration has disappeared on some parts. Even you finally regrow your hair. Your face also look better, except for those cottons on both sides of your cheeks. I like it when you finally back to your handsome looks."

"So you think I'm handsome, even though I'm look like this?", he joked, which made her suddenly blushing red. He chuckled at her immediate awkwardness. Of course, I'm handsome. I'm glad you started to realize it, he thought pridefully.

"You surely are conceited. Not surprising to me. By the way, I heard that you were complaining endlessly while the doctors took care of you before I got here. I know that it was few days ago, but I just want to make sure", she questioned him. He was suddenly nervous. That could be the answer for her.

She suddenly twisted his right ear, to scolded him. He moaned in surprise.

"Hey, what was that for?"

"Lucifer, I can't believe it! So it's true? I never thought that you are such a crybaby!"

"Please, don't call me that. My siblings would nag me nonstop if they heard you. Besides, the doctors did touch some of my wounds. They are really hurt!", he complained.

She shook her head. "Honestly Lucifer. At least, you could be more patient. Would you also do that if I were in their position?"

Nope, besides I know that you would look creepy if I make you angry. I don't want you to be sad seeing my deteriorating body too, he could only thought but didn't dare said it loud. His siblings would laugh at him if they knew a young girl like Shizuka scolded him. Imagine, the strongest Demon King being reprimanded by a human girl!

He started to think of what happened that morning. He couldn't believe that after all these years, he would be haunted by his past. Last time it happened, it was many centuries ago.

He saw Shizuka brought her textbooks out of her bag, along with her notes and pens. Of course, she wasn't forgetting her favorite headphone.

"You bring your headphone. I remember you love music so much. Do you want to work on your papers?", he was amused at her habit of brought it everywhere with her.

"Yeah, I hope you don't mind if I work on them here", she asked for his permission.

"I don't mind in the slightest. Please proceed."

When she started working on her assignments, Lucifer observed her face. She definitely took them seriously. Just like him, she was hungry to learn. This has become their routine every day. They would spend each other's company in various ways. One of them was like this; she would work on her homework with him watching over her. Sometimes she asked for his help if there were few things she didn't understand.

He thought of her expression to be interesting. Her eyebrows furrowed as she read over her reading reports. She would bite her lips when she found something that caught her attention. It seemed that she was enjoying her time quite a lot.