The other two girls I had seen around also seemed familiar. One had platinum blonde hair and the other black hair. Something about the way they talked and walked seemed familiar. I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. They were probably just fans I seen around before.

My gaze landed again on the girl with the short red hair. She was standing at the counter, ordering food. She kept glancing around nervously, like she was afraid someone was watching her. A worker gave her her food and she went to go find a seat. She started walking. I froze.

The girl walked with a slight limp, something you could really only see if you were looking for it...or if you knew it very well. My mind flashed back to that night in China.

***

"We won't reach him fast enough!" Vi screamed. She was scaling the Great Wall of China as fast as she could, but not fast enough. Up in one of the towers we could see the silhouette of a man, the killer we were after. And he had the president. Rienne was climbing above Vi, almost to the top. Vi reached up a hand...and slipped. She started falling, her screams echoing in our ears.

"NO!" Rienne screamed. Suddenly Vi wasn't falling anymore and Rienne was gripping the top of the Great Wall, her other hand clutching Vi's wrist.

From down below, Gwen and I breathed a sigh of relief. Gwen was helping me along as we tried to get to safety, Rienne's orders. I was wounded and Gwen's strength was failing. Rienne swung Vi up onto the wall and in turn Vi helped Rienne up.

"He's getting away!" Rienne screamed, running for the tower. The rain was pounding relentlessly but Rienne and Vi didn't quit. We heard them confront the man, there was shouting and the sounds of a fight when a gunshot went off.

At first Gwen and I suspected that the killer had shot the president, until we heard the screams. They were coming from Vi, and they were terrorizing. My blood ran cold as I heard her shout Rienne's name over and over again. Next to me Gwen was sobbing. The screaming was followed by more shots, and Gwen and I feared the worst, until we saw Vi swing a rope over the edge and let the president down.

Gwen ran over to help as Vi lifted Rienne's body down. "Is she--" Gwen sobbed. Vi shook her head.

"No just...just wounded. In the shoulder and the leg." I breathed a sigh of relief and wiped away the tears I didn't even know I was shedding.

***

You never forget when your best friend almost dies. Rienne's shoulder wound healed but she had a small limp in her leg from the bullet. I remembered her screaming about that injury, how now all the enemies would know who to look for as most young teenagers don't have limps. She worked super hard to make the limp go away and it only faded.

But I would know that limp anywhere.

"It can't be..." I whispered, still in shock.

"What was that love?" Louis turned to me.

"Oh--uh I have to go to the bathroom." I smiled and jumped up.

As I passed Rienne, I noticed she stiffened. Yet she continued to eat like nothing happened. I got a sudden idea and 'tripped' right by her table. She reached out a hand and grabbed my arm. She still had lightning fast reflexes.

"I'm so sorry, thank you so much." I said brushing myself off.

"Oh it was no problem, you're so very welcome." Rienne spoke in a ridiculous high pitched voice. I stifled a smile.

I looked her in the eyes and whispered,

"Barfroom." she stiffened, recognition dawning on her. She knew that I knew. I smiled sweetly and headed for the bathrooms.

"Barfroom? Really El? Out of everything you could have used to grab my attention and you use Barfroom?!" Rienne came storming into the bathroom about two minutes after I did.

I attacked her with a huge hug. After a second she returned it.

"Missed you Rienne." I sniffled.

"Missed you too, El." she smiled weakly.

Barfroom was what Rienne used to call bathrooms. She was ten and I was eleven. She was new and couldn't pronounce 'bathroom' properly. After she fixed her speech problem I always teased her about it.

"Okay, first I want you to ditch that cooky disguise." I crossed my arms.

"I can't." Rienne matched my stance.

"Fine. Second, I want you to tell me why you're here and why you're stalking me and my friends."

Rienne looked me in the eye and said flatly, "I'm here to bring you back."

I stared in shock. "Rienne...I can't go back...I can't leave everybody...I can't leave Lou..." I trailed off. I could see the look in Rienne's eyes. She was getting angry.

"Oh, that's right. You can't leave your boyfriend." she sneered. "Your boyfriend you chose over us, your team, your best friends, your job."

Again I stared in shock. "Rienne I didn't...I didn't chose Louis over you guys."

This time Rienne was shocked. "But Rod said...he gave you a choice...and you chose Louis." she stuttered. My blood boiled. How dare Rod say something like that.

"Yeah, he gave me a choice. I didn't choose. I couldn't. So Rod chose for me." I snapped.

Rienne and I stood there in an uncomfortable silence. Then she spoke up. "You could have at least told us that. Stayed in touch." she whispered.

"Rienne I would have but thats against the rules."

She gave a small smile. "Since when have the rules stopped you?"

I laughed. Yes, I was a good agent, but what I was mostly known for was for breaking the rules.

"I'm sorry Rienne."

"Me too." she looked down at her feet. "So how did you recognize me? I know it wasn't the disguise." she chuckled.

"No it wasn't the disguise. It was the limp."

Rienne hesitated. "Is it that noticeable?"

"No it's not. I just...saw it. I was looking for it." I stated simply. Rienne slowly nodded her head as she understood.

"Can I introduce you to Louis?!" I squealed. "C'mon!" I grabbed her hand and drug her out of the bathroom. Then I stopped and turned back to her.

"Actually first, you can radio Vi and Gwen and tell them to go back to wherever you guys are staying, we'll be there soon. And second, no you guys aren't sloppy I'm just incredibly good." I smiled smugly and crossed my arms, waiting for her to do as I asked. Well, demanded is more like it. Rienne rolled her eyes and radioed her partners, and out of the corner of my eye I saw them leave.

"Now let's go, I want to introduce you to Louis."

_______________________

Author's Note:

Yayy it's chapter 3! Do you guys like it? What do you think of the story so far? I'm sorry if the first two chapters were short. I promise they will get longer and better. I think this one's longer.

So comment, vote, fan, etc.

Thanks :)