Back In Black

(Hello, beautiful folks. I have come to deliver this chapter.)

October 31st, 1985

Kayla was woken up by the sound of Harry screaming and she literally flew from the bed with her wings springing from her back as she launched herself. She got to the nursery within seconds and scooped up the screaming child. Her hands ran over his body, needing to check for injuries automatically.

"Mama!" Harry sobbed while he was clinging to the woman who had become his mother. He had had a horrible nightmare and it had scared him terribly.

"Shh. Shh. Mama is here." Kayla wrapped her arms tighter around her baby as her wings retracted. "Mama has you. What's wrong?"

Harry just cried now that she was there and burrowed against her. He was shaking quite violently and looked like a little ghost from how pale he was. His eyes gleamed with tears as he sobbed.

"What happened?" Sirius' voice was very guttural, drakon features on full display. He scanned the room for any threats.

"Harry had a nightmare." Kayla had an awful feeling that the nightmare had been about that night. Remus had taken a dreamless sleep potion to not have dreams about it. Sirius hadn't though. He had gone to bed as Padfoot instead.

"Shh, pup. We're here." Sirius soothed as he ran a large hand over Harry's back. "You can sleep in our bed tonight,  Bambi."

Kayla took Harry to the master bedroom while Sirius got a child friendly Dreamless Sleep potion. She tucked Harry close to her chest as her baby drank the potion. Kayla was humming softly to help Harry drift off peacefully.

Harry felt much safer in the big bed with his parents and was no longer terrified. He had made a face at the taste of the potion but drank the whole vial because his Mama had asked him to. He didn't take very long to fall asleep, curled in a ball in his Mama's lap.

Sirius carefully tucked Harry into Remus' arms and watched the two subconsciously snuggle together. "Do you think he dreamt about that night?"

"I do. Did you see the way he was holding onto me?" Kayla looked disturbed, watching over Harry closely. Her heart was still racing from hearing Harry scream like that.

"Like he was afraid you were going to disappear." Sirius had noticed. He hated the fact that his family was distressed. It always put him on edge. "Was he like this last year?"

"Yeah. I forgot about it though. We were still settling in though." Kayla sighed. "The nightmares lasted for a week though. This was before he started seeing Ted for therapy."

"I'm glad that it wasn't as bad this year." Sirius just wished it hadn't happened at all. He hated Nightmares because he couldn't fight them. All he could do was help soothe after them.

"Hopefully by next year it will stop." Kayla murmured. She was trying to be optimistic. "It did leave a lasting impression on him."

"It kills me inside." Sirius admitted sadly. "What are we going to do?"

"Talk to him and reassure him. We are here to protect him. We are his parents now." Kayla spoke confidently. The two curled together and tried to sleep the rest of the night.

Remus woke up at about 7:30 AM and noticed that Harry was awake. He carefully took his son out of the room and got him into clean clothes. The small boy hadn't had an accident in months but the nightmare had made his bladder lose control through the night.

"What's wrong, Little Love?" Remus tucked Harry to his chest while walking downstairs to get to the kitchen.

"Wet myself." Harry felt ashamed, fingers pressing to his mouth subconsciously. "Only babies have accidents."

"No, love. Your body was beyond stressed last night." Remus rubbed the boy's back gently. "Your Daddy Sirius sometimes has nightmares and his body loses control."

The werewolf wanted his son to be happy and healthy. He made breakfast for Harry and himself.

"Is Mama okay? She was sad." Harry spoke around a mouthful of eggs.

"Mama is still asleep. What makes you think that she was sad?" Remus was concerned.

"She was sad while talking to Daddy Sirius." Harry explained. "She had a look like she was gonna cry." Harry could speak pretty articulately sometimes. He had picked it up from his parents.

"I'll make sure she's okay. Do you want to draw her something to cheer her up?" Remus wanted to distract the boy. He knew that Harry had most likely had a nightmare which would have made Kayla and Sirius sad.

Harry nodded and hopped off his chair after asking to be excused. He went to the playroom where there was drawing supplies and sat down at the child proportioned table. The black haired child focused studiously on his paper as he drew.

Remus checked on his sleeping mates and rubbed Sirius's side when the man frowned. He gently shushed the dominant Drakon until Sirius' features smoothed back out.

Kayla shifted in her sleep, head under Sirius' chin and her leg over the man's hip with her arms tucked against her chest. She would occasionally mumble small words in her sleep and sigh, dreaming about how Harry was when she first took him.

"Shh, you two. Everything is okay." Remus murmured softly before pressing soft kisses to their cheeks. He liked to take care of them.

The sandy haired male went back to the playroom to watch Harry color. The hours passed until Harry's usual morning nap time came around. The little boy was visibly drooping after his interrupted sleep during the night.

"Nap with Mama and Daddy? And you?" Harry sounded sleepily hopeful. He loved taking naps with his parents.

"That's just fine." Remus put Harry into a magic pullup just in case. He knew that there was a small chance for an accident. He tucked Harry between Kayla (who had rolled in her sleep to lay on her back) and Sirius who was sprawled on his stomach now.

Remus laid on Kayla's other side. His instincts wanted to make sure he was between them and the door. It soothed Moony in Remus' head and the werewolf also slept.