Cold

(I always love Gideon and Arthur together. And I see fics where Gideon is magically alive so I figured that I would have both Prewett twins alive)(Late Evening. August 05, 1985)

Fabian was cold, had been cold for years and he shuddered at the warmth from the bond in his head. He had a twin, didn't he? That's what the bond was. He could feel it and felt an almost hot surge come through and clear some of the fog in his head. The ginger could think more clearly now.

His body was too weak to move at the moment, fingers barely curling in response. They had upped his dosage after something happened somewhere else. His movement went unnoticed as he was alone almost all the time except when an elf fed him once a day and poured the potions to keep him complacent down his throat. He couldn't remember the last time he had seen another human.

Fabian latched onto the warm pulses that came over the bond, shivering hard. He made a quiet noise out loud, the sound weak. He drifted again, tired from attempting to move after being still for so long.

The Drakon was lost in his head that he only heard the sounds of glass shattering downstairs and he instinctively cried out. He knew this was his chance to get out of there. He screamed as loudly as he could, startling himself with the sheer volume of it. He hadn't thought of himself capable of loudness anymore. He had been loud in the beginning of his captivity and no one had ever came so he had gone silent.

The sound of footsteps thundered up the stairs, approaching the room he had been imprisoned in. Fabian called out again desperately, wanting to be free. He could feel his wings quivering against his spine for the first time in years.

The door smashed open and a tall, bronze haired dominant stood there. His wings looked like the sky during a summer storm, various shades of dark blue interspersed with nearly grey scales also. He crossed the room quickly and rumbled soothingly as he held out a hand to Fabian and let the dark red haired man make the next move.

Fabian grabbed the hand and let the other man scoop him up. His whole body shook at the heat that radiated from the new man. It was nearly overwhelmingly hot. He instinctively pressed his face to the dominant's neck, nearly moaning at the warmth on his cold face. He barely noticed as he was carried through the place he had been imprisoned but did notice when a blanket was tucked around him.

"Shh. We're taking you somewhere safe, okay?" The dominant carrying him spoke softly. His eyes were a pale blue color that looked like ice but still had a gentle warmth to them.

Fabian just nodded, too exhausted to do anything else. He curled up as much as possible and closed his eyes. His body lapsed into unconsciousness, worn out from excitement.

Lorcan O'Donnell looked at the submissive in his arms, seeing the obvious malnutrition and felt his protective instincts roaring to feed and care for the sub. He took him straight to the Captain of the rescue party and spoke quietly. They would be taking him to the King's home to be watched over by one of the best Drakon Healers, Apollo Crane.

~~~With Arthur and Gideon~~~

"What do you mean the king told you to come home and wait?" Gideon was getting upset. He needed to know his brother was okay. His pheromones were a bit sour at the moment, echoing his distress.

"He said to follow his orders and that me and Sirius going alone was a suicide mission." Arthur soothed gently. "They're going to rescue him and then owl us once they get him to the King's Home."

"He's so cold, Arthur." Gideon sobbed as he clung onto his dominant. He was tired and emotional from being saved also. He had to stay in bed awhile longer and take potions to rebuild his weight and magic.

"Shh, shh. They'll warm him up, love." Arthur had Gideon in his lap. The kids were in bed now and it was just them. "They'll save him."

Arthur rocked his mate, humming softly to soothe the panic. He knew Gideon was actively probing the bond between his brother and him to send good feelings. Gideon fell asleep once he felt his brother being warmed up.