Misery

(4 days later. December 10th.)(This is to show what effect being in this alternative universe is having on Kayla's body as she went from being mated and having someone to ground her magic to being unmated and her magic running rampant)

Arthur woke up in the middle of the night, wings springing from his back and scales becoming visible. He sniffed the air, listening to the sounds of the house and hearing someone moaning in pain. His heart stuttered slightly in anxiety and he hurried towards the sound, stopping just outside of Kayla's bedroom before entering as his instincts to protect overwhelmed him. The hesitance had come from his more human side not wanting to invade her privacy.

The ginger male found her hunched over the toilet, hair magically held back as she evacuated her partially digested food into the porcelain throne. Her skin was nearly as pale as parchment and her body heaved with each wave of vomit. He rumbled soothingly, rubbing her back and wrapping a warm arm around her shoulders to try and keep her from going into shock. "Let's get you back to bed now."

The pale woman nodded, finally done vomiting and shaking hard. She allowed Arthur to carry her back to bed and was tucked in. A warming charm was cast on the blankets before Arthur laid down with her to share body heat. The two had a familial relationship, feeling like siblings and treated each other accordingly. " 'M tired, Arthur." She whined softly, having curled up to the man she saw as a big brother.

"Sleep then. I'll watch over you and the children." Arthur soothed, stroking her hair back from her face like he did to his children and watched her fall asleep. He had an off feeling about this illness as it had come on so quickly and violently which worried him to no end.

~Next morning~

Harry was woken up by Bill who smiled at him gently. "Let's go eat breakfast, Har."

"Where's Mama?" Harry pouted slightly, allowing Bill to pick him up for a change. He was still in the process of being potty trained as he had nightmares sometimes that made it hard to control his bladder at night.

"Aunt Kayla is sleeping, Harry. So we gotta be quiet going downstairs." Bill changed the small boy into some clean underwear, comfy pants and a shirt. He carried Harry downstairs and set him in the booster seat where pancakes waited already cut and covered in just the right amount of syrup and strawberries.

~Floo room~

Healer Smythe hurried through after an urgent summons and was met by Charlie who was waiting. "What's the matter? Who am I here for? Has one of you been hurt?"

"Mama's sick. Like real sick to the point she can't get up." Charlie led Thomas Smythe upstairs to the master bedroom and knocked. "Dad! The healer is here!"

"Come in." Arthur's voice came through, the man himself sitting on the bed and watching over the shivering woman. He had slept very little and it showed on his face.

"What's happened?" Thomas questioned. He had come in and immediately began running a scan with his wand over the woman who just made a pitiful sound.

"I don't really know. I woke up, heard her throwing up and came in to see her in the bathroom vomiting and shaking." Arthur was worried about his 'sister'.

"Have you given her anything to help?" Healer Smythe rummaged in his bag before pulling out a hospital strength fever reducer and stomach settler. "Her core is acting oddly, fluctuating from one extreme to the other." He'd left his wand on her to monitor it.