Fight or Flight

The Wizengamot had all the Evidence and the Witnesses had all spoken their information. It was now up to the courts to make their decisions.

"Please shoot your vote into the proper bubble." Fudge stated, looking smug. He was sure to win reelection come Voting Season. "Guilty is on the left and Not Guilt is on the right."

Sirius sat in silence while keeping a cool demeanor on the outside. He knew wizards were stubborn but there had been undeniable proof of his innocence. Plus the repercussions of what would happen to Harry if he was Kissed and the total annihilation of the Potter clan which was a severe crime.

He watched the bubbles fill and sighed in relief when the Not Guilty was darker by quite a bit. Dumbledore had been disallowed from the trial, Fudge having said it was a conflict of interest. He had KNOWN Dumbledore would have had some fake bullcrap to try and spew to keep Harry away from them.

~Right after the trial~

The first thing he saw once he was able to stand was his family coming at him. Remus with Harry in his arms and Kayla next to him as they came at him, all looking teary eyed and overjoyed. He wrapped his arms around the three of them, feeling the way they held onto him. Sirius couldn't help the soft sob from escaping his throat as he was clutching his little family close.

"You're free." Remus kept murmuring while looking very emotional and nosing at Sirius' neck to smell his scent. It was a subconscious thing that he couldn't help.

"You won't ever be taken from us." Kayla was holding onto Sirius tightly while pressing her face into his shoulder and wishing Sirius could let out his wings to block their little family from the noise around them.

"No go." Harry didn't truly understand what was going on but he knew there had been a small chance Sirius would be taken from them. The toddler also knew it would break his Mama's heart and Daddy Remus' too.

"I'm not going anywhere." Sirius promised them while pressing soft kisses to his bondmate's head and then onto Remus' cheek. He didn't leave Harry out and planted a big kiss onto the small boy's cheek. "We're going to be just fine, okay? We're a family. Nothing can take us away from each other. I won't let it happen."

"The best family." Kayla agreed. She kissed Harry's temple softly to soothe the toddler who was getting overwhelmed. She took him from Remus and felt the way he clung to her. "I've got you, Harry. You're okay, Baby. Mama is here."

Remus led the way out of the courtroom and found Kingsley waiting for them. He waved them over into a small room and shut the door.

"The reporters are waiting to ambush you upstairs. So you're gonna come up with me to Amelia's office and use her Floo line to go home." The dark skinned auror informed them and led them back to the elevators. He pressed his wand into a special slot to keep anyone from calling it.

"Thank you. For doing a great job and helping us prove Sirius is innocent." Kayla thanked the man profusely and looked very grateful. Her eyes were a bit damp.

"Just doing my job." Kingsley shook off her praise. "This was a great injustice done that needed to be righted."

"Still. You went above and beyond." Remus added, looking at Kingsley and shook his hand as they got ready to go through the Floo.

"Try not to get arrested again." Kingsley spoke dryly while watching Kayla and Harry go through first.

"I'll try not to." Sirius sent Remus through and then followed. It felt amazing to be home as a free man.