Seeing Blind

(Small death scene, might be triggering. Skip after "Are they?")(October 21st, 1985)

Sirius opened his eyes to the horribly familiar location of his former cell in Azkaban. His heart practically stopped, breath hitching his chest. He glanced around as he panicked internally and trying to figure out how he ended up back there. He tried desperately to call up his Drakon features to help him escape.

He sobbed when he couldn't while gripping his hair. The dominant was radiating distress, calling for his mates. Sirius yanked at the cell doors after figuring out that he couldn't turn into Padfoot either.

"Can't escape me this time, Black." A horribly familiar voice laughed. "I'll have you Kissed by dementors before you know it."

"I didn't do anything!" Sirius shrieked. "It was Wormtail! He betrayed them!"

"Itty bitty Black trying to save himself." The voice taunted menacingly. "No one believes you. You did it. You caused their deaths and you'll cause Lupin and the last two Potters to die. Just. Like. Regulus. You got your brother killed. Drove him right in the arms of the dark lord."

"No!" Sirius sobbed loudly. "He joined to make Walburga proud! I would have helped him if he asked! It was Wormtail who got James and Lily killed! My mates are okay!"

"Are they?" The voice sounded sickly sweet, the scenery changing to an equally familiar place. His childhood home.

"Crucio!" Sirius' Mother's cold voice rang out and his heart stopped at the female scream that came after.

"Noooooo!" Sirius couldn't move as he watched his mother torture his mate. Her features were twisted in agony.

"Sirius help me!" Kayla's eyes locked on him until they squeezed shut at the next wave of pain. Her voice never cut out as she screamed over and over.

Sirius was then forced to watch his cousin Bellatrix torture Remus by slicing him open and carving filthy slurs into his body. The witch didn't stop until Remus was dead before cutting the werewolf's head off and presenting it to Sirius.

"Here, cousin! Just for you!" Bellatrix cackled madly. She danced around the room while using her magic to fling Remus' body parts all over and then he heard a sound that made him want to die. Not even Harry was going to be spared.

"NOOOOOO!" Sirius screamed even louder as he tried to fight the hands he felt on him. His whole body thrashed and writhed, tangled in something now.

"Sirius! Immobulus!" Remus called, locking Sirius' body down so he and Kayla could untangle their dominant from the sheets. He had his wings out and tangled also.

"Shh, honey. Shh. It's okay. It was just a nightmare." Kayla spoke to him like she did to Harry after a nightmare. "It wasn't real. Whatever you saw wasn't real."

Remus finally got Sirius untangle and got the calming draught. He poured it down Sirius' throat and waited until the heavy panting stopped and the terror eased up in Sirius' eyes. He released the spell and then held him tightly. "It's okay. You're okay."

"Harry!" Sirius called desperately. He was still panicking and in severe distress despite the calming draught.

"Harry's okay. Shh. Let's go see him but we need to be quiet." Kayla soothed before helping Remus take Sirius to the nursery.

Harry was sleeping peacefully. He had his stuffed Stag held close to his face. He woke up slightly when Sirius touched his cheek but settled back to sleep after a kiss on his forehead. He returned to his dreams of his family.

"See?" Kayla spoke once they were in the hall. "He's okay, sweetheart. All of us are."

"I... I was back in that place. And then in Grimmauld. And they were hurting you all and I couldn't save you." Sirius was sobbing heavily as he was clutching at Remus and Kayla.

"It was just a nightmare. You've been stressed, love." Remus soothed. His heart clenched painfully at how much Sirius was hurting.

Sirius was laying between Kayla and Remus once they were back in their bedroom. He needed to feel the both of them close to him.

"So sweet, honey." Kayla tucked him against her chest, her long brown hair loose from its usual braid. "We love you so much. You're always so good to us."

"Loved you since we became friends." Remus added. "Love you even more now that we're reunited."

"Love you both and our baby." Sirius accepted the dreamless sleep potion he was given. He drank it and melted into a restful sleep.

"How much do you know about Sirius' childhood?" Remus needed to know before he continued.

"A bit. Enough to make me want to kill Walburga Black in a slow and painful manner." Kayla sighed sadly. "Met that batshit crazy hag ONCE since I got back here and that's too many already."

"So I don't need to explain why that nightmare was as bad as it was." Remus was relieved. He didn't want to have to explain.

"No, honey. I know." Kayla shook her head. "Trust me, it's not the first time in this timeline and it happened quite a few times in the old timeline."

"I hate it." The werewolf whispered. "He's suffered so much."

"He deserves peace and happiness. We should do all we can to help him relax." The female sighed. "You need to relax too though. You're stressing so much."

"I can't help it. You're my pack. You three are so important to both sides of me." Remus looked up at her through his long eyelashes. "Besides, Moony is insisting we take care of you and make you rest more. Care to explain?"

Kayla hummed. "I'm tired, goodnight." She squirmed to lay more comfortably and closed her eyes.

"Kayla Marie Potter. I didn't take you for a coward." Remus was deliberately goading her to get her to confirm if their September heat period had been successful with impregnation.

"I'm not a coward." The submissive's eyes shot open, defensiveness coloring her tone. She sounded offended.

"Then answer my question. Are you pregnant?" Remus leaned over Sirius to look at her.

"I don't think so." Kayla sulked. She didn't know if she was. She was pretty sure she wasn't. But she had been feeling a bit more tired lately.

"We'll have Doctor Crane stop by." Remus decided and laid down. "Goodnight, Love."

"Rude wolf." The woman grumbled before going to sleep, hoping she wasn't pregnant. She wanted Harry to have them all to himself awhile longer than a year and some months.