Haunted

(Probably should mention that yes, there are heat periods but I won't be going into detail for them. They'll simply be mentioned and timeskipped cause they aren't particularly important)(Still August 07, 1985)

Harry woke up from his nap and blinked at the sight of his parents all watching him sleep. "Mama? Daddy? Papa?"

"Hi, baby." Kayla scooped the five year old up and set him into Sirius' lap. She knew that the dominant needed to hold a piece of James and Lily. That Sirius needed to know that Harry was safe.

"Daddy." Harry nuzzled his Daddy reassuringly. The small boy sat trustingly in the man's lap, head resting over Sirius' heart. The five year old could see their tension and he wanted to fix it like they fix it when he's afraid. His heart was beating a bit faster, worried about his parents.

Sirius didn't say anything, just buried his face in his godson's hair and took a deep breath. He did feel a little bit better having Harry in his arms. He could see that the child was okay.

Remus listened to Kayla humming absentmindedly. It was something she just did without realizing. Humming or singing under her breath, usually while swaying to a song only she could hear. He had asked her about it once and she had mentioned that she had always loved music since she was a child.

They all sat in silence for nearly 40 minutes until Harry's belly growled. He was hungry and it was close to his usual snack time. "Snack?" The small child questioned.

"Let's go have a snack." Kayla spoke softly before standing carefully. She stroked Sirius' hair gently before the dominant stood up. She waited for Remus and Sirius to follow her. She looked amused as Harry practically climbed Sirius to see from up higher. The boy loved being up high.

Sirius kissed Harry's cheeks and chuckled. He made sure Harry had a good vantage point to see. He loved holding Harry and it gave him joy.

Remus smelled his mates and their pup now relieved that the bitter smell had gone away. It had made him very anxious when they're upset. It also made it hard to control Moony.

"Look, fruit salad." Kayla grinned and moved Harry's bowl over by Sirius. She hummed happily whilst eating her own fruit salad. The woman cooed

"Yummy." Harry preferred fruit over candy. The fruit always tasted sweeter to him and his Mama was always willing to give him some. He let his daddy feed him though, knowing the man needed to take care of him. He was always willing to try new fruits when they were presented to him.

Sirius methodically fed Harry the fruit while humming softly. He felt much better now that their day was continuing as normal. The lord kissed the top of Harry's head again and ate his own fruit.

"Love my boys." Kayla was so very happy and content. She smiled at Sirius and Harry before turning to Remus and kissed his cheek.

"Love you too, Mama!" Harry grinned brightly. He would never stop calling her that as she was the only mother he could remember. After all, toddlers don't start forming real memories until about 3.

"I love you too, Sweetheart." Remus smiled gently. He leaned over to press a kiss to her cheek. It honestly sent a thrill through to be able to do that to his new family. He had been without affection or love for what felt like forever to him.

"Love you too, Pretty." Sirius smiled. He didn't feel upset anymore, soothed by his mates and their child. He knew he would have the strength to continue the conversation with James in the painting tomorrow if he wanted. The lord wanted to get the whole conversation done and over with to leave the option open to Harry meeting some form of his father. He couldn't wait to see Harry and James interact tomorrow.