Send Me On My Way

(September 1st, 1985)
Harry giggled happily while in his Mama's lap and being cuddled. He was very tactile now that he had been with them over a year. He had put on enough weight to be healthy and most of his health problems were fixed. "Mama, are you gonna have a baby?"

"No, love." Kayla wondered about Harry's fixation on her having a baby. "Daddy, Papa and I aren't ready to have any children besides you. You're all we need right now and when we do have another child, you will be just as important as you are now. You are our precious baby, Harry. You are our first ever child and you will always be special."

Harry nodded quietly while curling into his Mama even more. "I love you, Mama."

"I love you too, honey." Kayla snuggled him. She would have a talk with Sirius and Remus about Harry's anxiety.

~Elsewhere~

Remus grunted slightly as Sirius tackled him. The two had been playfully sparring to get out their energy.

"I win." Sirius grinned as he pinned the werewolf down and then kissed him enthusiastically. He felt Remus stop struggling against him and instead pull him closer. He had hidden his affection for the werewolf during their school years except when he had been drunk and kissed the other male. He had tried to play it off as the alcohol talking.

"You cheat." Remus playfully pouted before kissing Sirius again. He was happier than he had been in years. No more worrying about jobs, no more playing spy for Dumbledore, no more going without. He had a home and a family that he would fight tooth and nail to keep and protect.

"You love me." Sirius let Remus up and they went to shower together. Both had worked up a sweat but they felt great.

~Later, after dinner and once Harry is in bed~

"Love, are you okay?" Remus could smell the change in her. She smelled sad.

"Harry keeps asking about if we're having a baby. He was worried that if we do, then we won't want him." Kayla spoke softly, eyes focused on her knitting. "He thinks we'll replace him."

"He thinks we'll abandon him." Sirius understood what Harry was afraid of.

"I reassured him as much as possible. He won't ever be replaced." Kayla sighed. "I wish there was something to do that would help."

"We can put off having kids." Remus suggested even as Moony howled angrily in his head. The wolf part of him wanted their mate to carry their baby.

"We can make him feel included in everything, like helping us pick out names and decorating the nursery. And reminding him that he will always be our baby too." Kayla spoke musingly.

"I felt replaced when Reggie came along." Sirius admitted. He cuddled his mates close. "But we grew close up until I went to Hogwarts."

"I was a only child." Remus had no siblings so had no comparisons to make. He looked at Kayla and raised an eyebrow.

"I have a lot of siblings on my mom's side." Kayla snorted. "Four brothers on my Dad's side. I was the baby of my dad's kids. And considering my mother is an immortal being, she has had more children than I can count."

"Sooooo..." Sirius grinned. "It's up to you and me to explain that having siblings isn't a bad thing."

"I suppose." Kayla just sighed. "Also, I call naming rights on any future children. Because Constellations are overdone and Remus is literally Wolf Wolf the second."

"Pfft. You wish you had a cool name like Wolf Wolf." Remus deadpanned. His entire face was perfectly expressionless except his eyes which glimmered with amusement.

"Oh yes. It's the most wonderful name." The young woman snickered. She stood and stretched before twisting her torso abruptly to crack her back. She blinked as Remus and Sirius stared at her with matching horrified expressions. "What?"

"You sounded and looked like you broke your spine!" Sirius' eyes were huge while Remus had proceeded to smell her to make sure there was no hidden pain. He could pick up on tiny changes in her scent that she wasn't even aware of.

"I'm fine. I do that all the time." The female reassured them. "No pain at all. Just relief from being in the same position for awhile."

"It was so loud!" Sirius was very overdramatic. He flinched as she punched out into the air with both arms and popped her elbows and wrists. "Can you not? That is so disturbing."

"I'll stop doing it around you." Kayla was amused. She petted Remus' hair as he finished smelling her and sat back down. "But I will not stop doing it all together."

"I suppose that's all I can ask for." The shaggy haired dominant grumbled while looking adorably pouty.

"You look like Harry when you make that face, honey." Remus and Sirius' submissive giggled as she kissed Sirius' lips.

"Harry is cute." Sirius nodded. "And if I said I didn't, you would think I was being mean and that I thought Harry wasn't cute."

Remus looked baffled by Sirius' logic and decided to change subject. "So, when we do have kids... Will Harry have to move bedrooms?"

"Fuck." Kayla actually swore for once. "That will upset him."

"We could put him in James' bedroom he was in before moving to his final bedroom. It's the room across from the nursery. Then he's not too far from us." Sirius mused. "And he would feel safe too."

"You're so smart." Kayla looked pleased and kissed Sirius again. She was grateful for Sirius and his moments of brilliance.

"I feel neglected." Remus joked and smirked when he was promptly kissed. "Thank you, love."

"Anytime." She winked at her werewolf. "We could talk to Harry now and phrase it as him transitioning to a big boy room. Maybe after a talk with Papa Remus about being a big boy."

"Why not me?" Sirius sulked. He stuck his lower lip out in an overly exaggerated pout.

"Because you've just become a big boy." Remus interjected before Kayla could answer.

"Hey!" Sirius looked playfully offended now. "I'm a man, not a boy. Just ask Kayla."

"Nuh uh. Don't bring me into this." The young woman laughed and scampered off to go do some paperwork for her position as head of the Potter family. She was subtly altering events to ensure that Voldemort would never regain his full body ever again.