Happiness 1

(Gotta keep checking my full moon dates lmao)

~July 31st~

"Happy Birthday!" Sirius popped up over his mate and startled her. He was grinning widely as he hovered over her.

"Jesum!" Kayla gasped while clutching her bare chest. "How did you even know it was my birthday too?"

"Remus told me after your parents portrait told him." Sirius clarified, having switched to smirking. He looked very smug with himself.

"Oh. Well. Thanks. But it's Harry's day. He's five today." Kayla sounded so proud of how old Harry was turning. Her baby was a big boy now.

"I remember when he was born." Sirius grinned at her. He sat down and kissed her softly. "You're gonna love your gift too."

"You didn't have to get me anything." The young woman frowned slightly. She truly hadn't wanted anything for her birthday. She had wanted the day to be for Harry.

"I wanted to though. And Harry helped pick it out." Sirius used her love for their child as leverage. He knew her weaknesses.

"That's not fair." Kayla pouted, shifting slightly. "I can't say no to our baby."

"I know." Sirius smirked and kissed her again. He took any opportunity to kiss her that he could.

"Shut up." Remus growled in aggravation. He smacked Sirius with a pillow and pulled the female back against his chest. He growled once again to

"Sirius, what time is it?" Kayla squinted at the big man. She couldn't see the clock from her position.

"3:30 am." Sirius blushed as he laid back down. He had gotten overly excited because he loved celebrating the ones he cared about.

"Jesum Christmas." The girl groaned and rolled to face Remus. She curled up to the werewolf. She felt his arms slide around her again and smiled before yawning. "Go back to sleep."

"Okay." The shaggy haired man nodded and got comfortable, cuddling her from behind. He knew if they kept talking, that Remus would get even more irate. An irate Remus is not what anyone wanted, especially not the day of the full moon.

~A few hours later~

Sirius was up and out of bed before heading into the nursery. He had put on pajama pants and a knitted sweater. The man knelt next to Harry's bed where the small child was just waking up. "Good morning, Bambi. It's time to be awake."

"Daddy?" Harry yawned, reaching to be picked up. He had recently stopped wetting the bed but still wore protection. It had been almost a year since he had been taken by his new Mama.

"Yep. You sleep well?" Sirius scooped his precious godson up, subtly checking if he was wet. Harry wasn't wet thankfully.

"Had a dream about Mama, Papa and you." Harry nodded as he cuddled into Sirius with a sleepy look on his face.

"Cute. I'm glad you slept well." Sirius smiled brightly at the sleepy boy. "Happy birthday, little love."

"It's my birthday?" Harry gasped, unused to anyone really remembering his birthday. "Thought it's Mama's birthday?"

"You guys share a birthday. Mama is very excited about yours though." Sirius put Harry into big boy underwear and some cute pajamas for now. He would get the boy dressed later.

"Mama is sleeping? And Papa?" Harry questioned as he knew his Papa had been more grumpy and withdrawn lately. He knew it meant his Papa was getting sick again.

"They're very tired. Papa is sick again, Baby." Sirius confirmed with a sad expression. He hated lying to Harry.

"Poor Papa." Harry frowned sadly. "Wish Papa wouldn't get sick no more."

"Me either. I wish Papa was healthy." Sirius cuddled Harry a bit tighter. His godson was so sweet and good that it killed him inside sometimes.

"Hungry, Daddy." Harry's belly had growled loudly, making the newly five year old blush.

"Let's go have some breakfast and some play time before we wake Mama and Papa." Sirius stood up, took his sweater off and let his wings out. He made his way to the top of the stairs and jumped, gliding down gracefully. He landed and put his wings away, put his sweater on and grinned at Harry who was giggling.

"Mama don't like when you do that." Harry giggled again with a mischievous look.

"Shh. Don't tell Mama. It'll be our little secret." Sirius whispered as he carried the small boy to the kitchen and set him at the spot with the special stack of pancakes. Harry was very particularly  fond of ones with fruit in them.

"Okay, Daddy. Won't tell Mama you were naughty." Harry nodded, starting to eat his pre-cut pancakes that had imported Vermont Maple Syrup because that's what his Mama was partial to. She had a friend who lived there who regularly sent her huge containers of the sweet syrup.

"Good man." Sirius grinned before eating his own pancakes. He handed Harry a cup with a lid as he knew Harry still spilled sometimes.

"Thank you, Daddy." Harry smiled sweetly at his daddy and started drinking from the straw. He finished his breakfast and milk. "Done, Daddy. Can we play now?"

"Of course." Sirius scooped his godson up and took him off to play until his midmorning nap. The two crashed in the sunroom on a comfortable pile of cushions that had been placed there specifically for napping.

"Look how cute the baby is... And Sirius." Kayla whispered as she took a few photos.

"Yeah, they are." Remus yawned widely. He was sleepy again after having eaten a huge platter of practically raw meat. He looked at the cozy pile of cushions and laid down. The Werewolf curled up and reached an arm out to her.

The female laughed and laid with Remus to cuddle with him happily. She was curled up against the werewolf, face buried in his chest. His arms were tight but protective around her, letting his wolf instincts out for once.

Sirius rumbled in his sleep, checking on his surroundings and relaxed when he heard Remus make a noise back. He settled with the young child on his chest again and slept on, secure in his home.

It seemed like the perfect way to spend their midmorning. All of them were curled up together and safe as well as happy.

~Two hours later~

A home from school Bill peeked in, just far away enough to not trigger Sirius' instincts and summoned the camera. He snapped a few photos and left to go print them for the others. He loved living there and having a family that wasn't fighting or disfunctional. His family now was weirder and larger than ever but it was the most loving it had ever been.

He had his Dad, his real siblings, an Aunt who treated him like her own, a cousin, two new Uncles, and his real mother was close to being found. The year had brought unexpected but most definitely welcome changes to his life that he would be eternally grateful for.