Potter Manor

Kayla pressed her hand on the doors for them to verify her identity again and they creaked open. Harry was slightly behind her as they entered the house. With a wave of her hand, light flooded the hall and alerted the painting of the parents of James Potter that someone was there.

"Who's there?" Fleamont called before seeing them. There hadn't been anyone there since James and Lily had moved to Godric's Hollow. "Who are you?"

"This is James' son... And I'll explain who I am soon enough. Harry needs to be checked by a healer before I can really explain." Harry was priority in her mind and life right now. Kayla would answer any questions while Harry was being checked over. She accepted the directions to the parlor and summoned a healer while explaining to Harry that he needed to trust the new person and herself. Harry had felt safe with her and stayed close when the healer came in.

"Hello. I'm Healer Smythe." The healer greeted them. "This is the child?" He had soft brown hair that framed his face, gentle hazel eyes and a slight spray of freckles across the bridge of his nose. Thomas Smythe had wanted to be a healer ever since he was small and now at the age of 25 he was living his dream, helping people and making their life better.

"Yes. I need a confidentiality oath though..." The woman gave him a look. If he wouldn't promise then she would Obliviate him and send him away. "He's important to our world."

Healer Smythe's eyes widened slightly and he nodded. "I, Healer Thomas Smythe, swear on my magic to reveal to no one who my patient is nor his results without express permission of his guardian." There was a burst of magical energy and they nodded.

"Why don't you two stay here and conduct the exam? I need to speak to my parents' portraits." Kayla disappeared back into the hall to talk to Fleamont and Euphemia.

"Are you going to answer now?" Fleamont asked, squinting suspiciously. He had known Lily had been pregnant but he was unsure of anything after. He had no clue his son and daughter in law had died.

"Is there any way I could talk to you both somewhere more private? Oh. Wait... I'm going to do something." Kayla went into the study, closed her eyes and pulled them through to her. "There... Now I can explain without having to move your painting."

"What just happened? We were just in our frame... Now we have bodies." Euphemia looked at herself and her husband. It had been roughly 6 years since they had been alive. Dragon Pox had taken them both at the same time.

"I pulled you through to me. It's easier to explain like this. I am from the future." Kayla handed them the papers from Gringotts. She figured it was easier to show than it was to tell. "This will help."

Fleamont read through the papers and handed them back once he was done. "So you're going to be our daughter while you're in our time."

"Yes. It seemed easiest. Mostly because I have quite a good amount of knowledge of Potter manor from my time. Not much has changed." Kayla smiled at them. She had loved spending time with the painting in her universe.

"Who are you in the future in the other universe?" Fleamont sat behind his desk, stroking the dark wood. Many generations of Potters had used the desk for their Lordship duties.

"Lady Potter-Black for something. Or Lady Lupin-Malfoy for others. And other times Lady Potter-Black-Lupin-Malfoy. Well acting Lady for Malfoy and Potter really. I'm raising Harry's children with him." Kayla explained, suddenly uncertain. She wanted them to like her. Logically she knew it was her anxiety talking but she couldn't help it.