Chapter 2

"Mark! How am I supposed to know what to buy for these babies?" I just stared at things while we walked through the aisles of Target.

"Remember my ex, Emilee?"

"The one with the kid?"

"Yeah, she was always on this website called pinterest... or something like that, it has all kinds of things on it.. I guess it's what parents use."

"Mark! Why didn't you tell me that before?"

"I guess I just remembered..."

"Well, let's get out of here and go look at this pinterest thing!" I shouted, maybe just a little too loud as I heard a chuckle from a row or two over. I pulled Marks arm and we headed for the door.

•••

When we got back to my house, I went strait to my laptop and made an account on pinterest. "Holy shit. There are so many things on here!"

"I told you, man. Look, 'Twins ; do you need two of everything?' Perfect! Click it!"

"This is great," I read the whole article and figured I knew what I needed for big things. "I should get two bouncy seats, and two bassinets, but only one crib for now. And I need one car seat and maybe just one stroller for two babies."

"Woah. Woah. Woah. Wait," Mark started saying.

"What?"

"Did you really think you might only need one car seat?" He asked, obviously holding back his laughter. 

"Well," I started. "I was thinking that if I could just take one at a time, but if I really had to , those seats are so big, they could probably both fit in one."

"GREG THAT IS ILLEGAL. AND WHAT DID YOU THINK THE OTHER BABY WOULD DO WHEN YOU LEFT IT?" He shouted at me with a hand on his head

"It's a baby, they don't do much." 

"THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU CAN LEAVE IT ALONE!" He screamed at me.

"Ok, ok. I get it!" I said to him, trying to calm him down. "I was joking anyways, I know you have to have two seats, those ones with the handles have enough padding that you can barely even fit one baby in them."

"Don't scare me like that, please. I was about to fight for parental rights, myself when you started with that." Mark said, jokingly. We both know that he will never have kids. 

I started laughing at him. "Yeah, I could see it now 'Mark: Daddy of The Year' right on the cover of People Magazine" I started laughing, and moving my hands like I was presenting him a magazine cover.

"Real funny, Greg." He was still laughing at my hand gestures.

"I know, I'm hilarious, aren't I?" 

"The funniest." Mark got up, and walked away from the computer. He picked up his cellphone and started dealing a number. 

"Who are you calling?" He ignored me.

"Oh, hi. Rachel?" He said to the person on the other end of the line.

"RACHEL? Really mark? How do you have her number? I don't even have her number!" I was the one yelling now, I couldn't help it, though. 

"So, do you know what gender the babies are yet?" He asked her. "Monday, ok. Perfect. Thanks. Bye." And he hung up the phone and looked at me. "Well, unless you want gender neutral everything, you're gonna have to know. So either you buy things suitable for both genders or you wait until Monday."

"Mark, you would make a great gay man." I said to him, laughing.

"First, I'm fake parent of the year and now I'm a gay man? You're so nice today!"

"No straight man would ever think of that." I said, laughing at him.

"No sane man would take on twin babies by himself with no experience" 

"Leave."

"What?"

"Get out of my house. Now."

"Pregnancy hormones, or what?"

"Now."

"Ok, ok. I'm leaving." And out the door he went. It took me a minute, but I soon realized that I was now alone and had to figure this out by myself. 

A few hours later, after I cooled down I called Mark. "Hey, I'm sorry. I just don't know what i'm going to do with these babies. I need to get things, but I'm not sure what. Will you go with me on Tuesday to get everything?" Thank god he said yes.