High Mile Club (Rafe Adler) (P1)

Had many approaches to this plus it became a short story at one point and now is drafted somewhere... so after many scraped ideas this is the result! Enjoy lovelies!

Also two parts cause it's smut in part 2 which will be uploaded soon!

******

It had been a long series of days that the week itself never seemed to come to an end. Rafe had you sunken to the ground with the amount of work atop your shoulders, alongside little sleep and enough caffeine in your system that it may have become your living and functioning fuel. You had been an assistant for the man for the past year and it had started off as a few simple scheduling days, that once he had noticed you were actually useful to him he had promoted you to the ranks of taking on some of his phone calls and now his never ending list of emails. Alongside setting up his meetings and getting the man to and from work. He depended on you tremendously that it was quite literally draining every ounce of life out of you. Hence the constant cups of caffeine and minor shut eye that kept you going. He knew you were tired but been in his work skin meant he couldn't go around asking were you alright but instead get you onto the next tasks at hand.

That next task now involving the both of you to travel to Canada for his next series of meetings. You had already gotten a mouthful from Rafe for arranging the meeting in Canada, which better suited the clients Rafe was scheduled to meet. Even after the whole rant Rafe bemoaned about it, you on the other hand honestly barely remember the conversation given how tired you were. His words simply slipped in one ear and promptly ran straight out the other that even with his final words of "don't do this again" left your body suddenly nodding on its own accord that your brain had only realized you'd done so the second Rafe's beating footsteps brought you back to the land of the living. You felt as though you had become a literal zombie and going on a plane in your current state sounded both great and awful. Great, in the sense that you may get some shut eye but awful in the sense that Rafe might come to you with his laptop and order his emails be finished while he himself got that shut eye. The guy never gave you a long enough break. How could he not see the biggest bags hanging underneath your shadowed eyes.

Nevertheless, you trudged your drained self into Rafe's private jet and shuffled your carry on into the bag rack. Seeing the leather single seaters next to the windows your exhausted self happily fell into it. Looking out the window you saw just how bad the weather had gotten recently. The bitter winter cold had swept into town and the forecast for Canada wasn't promised any better. Just as you began to rid your scarf, one of the air hostess approached with a beaming fake smile on their face.
"Welcome aboard (Y/N), care for anything to drink? Perhaps a coffee? You look awful tired."
It was hard to restrain yourself with a response of rolling eyes alongside a groan in annoyance at her comment. It was obvious she was poking a joke at you, but then again in your tired state you felt almost everyone was getting on your nerves lately. Course, she might have been just concerned. An attempt at helping perhaps.
"No thank you. But maybe a glass of water would be nice, please." Deciding to give the coffee a rest, water seemed like the best option right now. Her smile grew as she nodded at the request before swiftly rushing toward the bar. Hearing the loud thumps against the metal stairs to the plane, a confused Rafe greeted your eyes as he strides hastily onto the plane.
"There you are! I've been trying to reach you since you practically disappeared." Coming to realize your work phone had been thrown into your carry-on, you never thought about Rafe trying to contact. You had figured he could easily guess you'd made your way to the plane.
"Well I'm glad you're here already we're making good time." He continues, placing his leather bag beside your own small case. He exhales a sigh of relief, relaxing in the seat across from you. "I take it you have told our associates that we should be in Ottawa in 5 hours."
"Yes, Rafe." You bemoan without realising.
Rafe simply huffs and leans forward in his seat, "I'll let that slide this time. But let me ask you something." His tone is serious as your eyes simply turn toward him. "When was the last time you got any sleep?"