Should I Stay or Should I Go (Sam Drake) (P.1)

(Requests in making! This was an old draft I figured I should probably publish?)

Enjoy! 💙

******

"Nathan... I don't know things are weird between us. Besides that he's not a little kid I'm sure he can look after himself?" I was hoping he wouldn't make me do this.

"Please (Y/N), doctors told us that he isn't supposed to leave the bed before at least two days recovery"

Of course. I always seemed to be the one person to get caught in the gears of bad scenarios. Just receiving a sudden urgency call from Nathan less than an hour ago seemed as just another errand, the obvious assumption involving Elena. Similar to last week when Nathan had to rush into the emergency room after a sudden phone call from Sullivan. That call had involved Samuel getting caught in shootout in his last job with Sully and resulted in him bleeding to near death on a hospital bed. Course that brings me up to the present day. Sam was still in recovery.

In this very house of course.

"I know you two have split for what... two months? But Sully's outta town and Elena needs me in the hospital. If you haven't noticed she's on the verge of going into labour?!" God this guy can be melodramatic when he wants to be. But in fairness, he did have a valiant reason for it. Elena was due any day now and you can't fold from the table with that in the pot. I had no other escape route from this. I was the last resort and Nathans only option since he cared so much for his big brother.

And, I guess a small part of me did too.

"Fine, fine. But you owe me for taking care of your idiot brother"

"Thank you. All I'm asking is that you just check up on him now and then and please don't let him get up no matter how many times he says he's feeling better."

"I've babysitted big boys before I got this"

"Heh, sure you have. I'll be back soon"

"I'll hold you to that" soon watching the door clap shut within seconds set my heartbeat racing. Alone in Nate and Elena's home with my ex in the next room really didn't help set my nerves but rather exceed them knowing what I had agreed to. It had been truly awkward ever since we called it quits after the balantant argument we both stirred up where we both ended up dealing out our honest dictations into enraged words. Words, that slowly lead to the relationship crumbling the higher the amps went. Sam soon became fed up slamming the door shut and shouting the final words, "you know I should have never met you!" and was never seen again. He left town. Left everything and seemed to go off radar for weeks until this near death experience brought him back on the map about a month and a half later.

But, all that was the past. I still felt this insistent hatred toward him. Yet, I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss having him around. I despised coming home to that empty apartment each and every night and getting into a cold empty bed. I missed his embrace, his teasing and his witty charm. God I even missed the musk of cigarettes and cologne that would fog the vast majority of the rooms and not to mention still cling to the bedsheets. That empty side of the bed...

It was all nothing more than a memory now.

Although as of right now I had to take care of him whilst Nathan was away. I discovered Sam still asleep on the living room sofa like before, his torso dressed in blood stained bandages after he received another bullet wound to his collection alongside a few scattered cuts and scrapes here and there. He had known I was in the house previously, yet I figured he had presumed I'd left and not stuck around. I would have done just that only Nathan had requested me back.