Should I Stay or Should I Go? (Sam Drake) (P.2)

Added a little song it you wanna make the chapter a pure waterworker ;3

(Actually don't know if it's actually sad? Sad-ish.. Yeah 'ish 😂)

******

He needed you...

The words almost echoing like a bounce ball been repeatedly beated against a heavy wall. Only that wall was the eardrums and mind of your head attempting in some coherent way to rattle the two little words. It was almost as if it was all some kind of persistent warning. Your sub conscious debating back and forth... That one question.

Did I really need him?

Or did I need to tear myself away from this drake clan and free myself from their surroundings altogether.

Sam really had hurt me emotionally that day and I nearly had the conclusion of ruling men off my list for a long period of my life. It was so unlike him. So unusual. As if his dark side emerged and threw all the up and out hurtful words into one fireball that tore right through me. I wasn't one to go cowering mind you, I dealt the same poison.

However, I stood now. Anchored. Feeling my heart grow heavy against my chest. He was crying now. The sight of a man crying such a rare and baffling occurance to me because you just don't see such a thing. Well, from most men anyway. They're all shell, all emotion locked inside as to not seem like some sort of emotional woman. It appeared to be a feature they all avoided.

It most certainly wasn't a side effect to his medication. It was his heart cracking within.

"Sam please.." finding my voice, I fiddled with what my body processesed in doing next.

Sit next to him and comfort?

No.

I instead remained in the same position I currently withstood. Just unable to control my body's movements and remained reluctantly. Sam ignored my presence, not daring to take a look up at me, but rather kept his face in the barrier of his own two hands that now began brushing back his hair.

"Leave." He speaks hoarsly as if he had suddenly altered his voice.

My body belated a response to his words and responded soon enough with a firm crossing of the arms against my chest. No, I didn't want to leave. He had sparked my curiosity all of a sudden and I was intrigued to hear what he had to say for himself. And yes, I was full aware that the likelihood of an argument was about to stir up but I was emotionally prepared for the last two months.

"Leave!" He repeats to the extant of my silence, only this time louder. Sam angles his head away, indicating he really had meant the word.

"No! You need me?! Then tell me right now Samuel, why on earth you said you need me when you left that day and didn't even come back to say the words before you decided to go get yourself shot!" I had risen my voice now.

Oh boy we were about to turn up the heat again.

He falls silent in his seat and finally reveals his face to me, eyes reumy and fists been clenched slowly. His mouth is twisting as he tosses the blanket from his body and is on his feet in an instant, as if he had been taken over by some ravaged wild animal. His eyes are piecing now, his body tensed and towered, now pumping with pure adreline that the pain inside seems to fade away. He carries a step to me and I try show that I'm not afraid, although honestly, this new look he was creating was easily changing my frame of mind. I grew uneasy as he stood above me and studied me as though contemplating as to whether or not he was about to throw a punch.