I'm Pregnant (Rafe Adler)

Request by the amazing Jessie_Drake23 hope you enjoy it! 💙

******

It's gonna be fine... It's gonna be okay. Just take a deep breath. Breath in and out. Those constant reassurance of words ringing inside your head over and over again like a thumping alarm bell. Stuck within the four walls of the bedroom with a small pregnancy test been fiddled with in your hands. How was this news going to be withdrawn. Sure it is the best news anyone can recieve but how would one Rafe Adler take it? He has enough on his plate with keeping his business afloat considering the hardship of juggling it with tracking down this Avery fortune these past three years... Something that seems to get him nowhere each ticking second of the day. And he rarely came back home without having a stress tantrum or a few glasses of scotch.

Throwing this on top of it all would only exceed his limits!

You appeared to be the only one who could keep him under control in most accounts, be it with verbal or physical comforting. However, that last physical comfort now resulted in this pregnancy test illuminating the word "Pregnant" in vibrant bold blue letters within your fingertips. How would he even react to this? Rafe wouldn't be one for cheery smiles and exaggerated emotions. He seemed to be the guy always holding that straight filled expression with a rare smile and enough scoffs to keep his body running. He was... Somewhat a statue in most moments.

A statue you couldn't help but feel love toward and he sure had something toward you too, since he always had you when and whenever he wanted you. Not always in a bedroom extent, mind you.

"(Y/N)? you here?" the calls from Rafe at the front door pushed your thoughts hastily aside. Instantly on both unsteady feet in a single hurried jump you tossed the pregnancy test from your hands without thinking before Rafe pushed open your bedroom door.

"There you are. Did you not hear me calling?" he questions holding his position at the threshold with both hands set on hip. Unable to utter a single response, the room held an uneasy silence, the thumps of your racing heartbeat the only sound you could seem to comprehend as Rafe was soon taking notice of your tense stature. "(Y/N)?" retreating from his position he decreased the distance between your bodies and halted merely inches from you, "something wrong?" tilting your head upward with his index finger you saw the rare look of concern glittering in those wretched emerald orbs of his. Your mouth lost all moisture and your tongue grew numb. Simply shaking your head you pushed his hand downward and shut your eyes whilst still grasping his hand in both your own. "No it's..."

Feeling his presence shift position and leave your touch your eyes pulled open to notice Rafe had begun striding past you. Turning to him your breath hitched when you caught sight of him picking up the disgarded pregnancy test left abandoned next to the bed. Frozen now, he took hold of it and stood facing you with an expression you had never witnessed in your years with him; torn between surprise and anxiousness. He raised the tester to you and pursed his lips when you reunited your vision to that illuminated word almost growing in size the more you looked at it.

"How long...?" he simply asks turning the tester to his sight, almost studying it whilst he awaited your response. He toyed with it in his hand before beating it nervously against his other hand.

"Just found out two hours ago..." you whispered loud enough for him to hear as he sat on the edge of the bed with a long exhaling sigh filled with both exhaustion and disbelief.

"Rafe..." you mumbled taking note of his unchanged expression as he discarded the tester to the floor and covered his face in both hands.

Feeling as though you were about to die of heartbreak just by his current actions right there and then you felt tears escape the corners of your eyes and trail their way along your cheeks before hitting the fabricated floor beneath your feet. Removing his barrier of hands, he studied you for a moment before taking to his feet again, "don't..." hushing you slightly he holds your face in both hands and whips away the fallen tears.

"I'm sorry Rafe..." shutting your eyes to him you took hold of his hands and let them drop to his sides again.

"What are you doing?--"

"You don't want this... Do you?" holding back your tears and keeping your eyes closed to him you took a step back, "and I understand that... But--" cut off by Rafe suddenly snatching hold of your hands again he gripped them tighter than ever before, as if you were about to fall through the floor.

"Stop" he easily says, "stop saying what you're saying right now and look at me" a tinge of anger evident in his words you opened as requested and looked straight into those observant eyes of his, "now tell me why you think I don't want this?" taking the question as rhetorical you felt the inability to respond.

Rafe soon continued, "just because it's the first time I've ever been caught in a situation like this and didn't know how to react?" scoffing at his own words he released your hands and instead let them return to your sides, "you remember when I first met you?" he suddenly grins, "remember the Gala?"

Oh how could you forget that night, etched within your memory banks like it was only yesterday. An accidental bump into him at the bar resulted in you both catching each others eyes throughout the course of the night. He soon enough approached you later on with two drinks in hand and after a few long discussions and extra mililitres of alcohol coursing within your systems... Lets just say it got heated.

"I never saw anyone as beautiful as you..."

"Stop going soft it'll ruin your persona" you teased with a pat at his cheek emitting a huffing smirk from him. Looking up to him once more your smile fell, "but... does this change it all?" redirecting to the topic at hand you figeted with your hands as Rafe stood closer to you.

"Why should it?"

"You mean you're..?"

"You're the best thing that came barreling into my pathetic life. I'm not letting you go" taking your lips against his own you felt your heart swell in joy at his words, relaxed knowing that Rafe was staying by your side unlike what your thoughts predicted.

Pulling back slightly Rafe held your face once more as he observed you and murmured three little words he had never confessed to anyone in his entire lifetime...

******

HOPE YOU AMAZING READERS ENJOYED THIS ONE!!

STAY AWESOME! ✌

💙💙💙