Distraction (Rafe Adler) (P.1)

I don't know if this was a request? It was on my "to do list" whether I put it there, I don't know 😂 but here we go anyway! For all you Rafe lovers

Enjoy!! 💙

Smut 🍋 (🙈)

******

"Rafe?" you find yourself mumbling into the quaint surrounding of the bedroom, your hand been used to investigate his sudden empty side of the bed. Pulling your eyes open to notice darkness fell across the room and an empty spot displayed itself on the opposite side of the bed. He was gone? Where?

Calling his name again against the sound of the storm outside, you noticed the door opened ajar and the outside dimly spilling pools of honey light into the room. Hugging the sheet higher against your half naked body you felt the urge to check up on him. You were one to worry for him, and this scenario was topping the reasons as to why. He had never done this before and your anxiousness was soon exceeding the more you overthought it.

Slipping free from the covers your bare torso felt the crisp air in the room while your bare legs and feet accompanied the feeling. You snatch one of his strewn black shirts on a nearby chair and pull it on while following the source of the light. It was coming from downstairs and more accurately Rafe's study. He was pulling another work night and you hated when he did them. He would be a walking stress ball for the entire next day with those eyesore bags hanging below his eyes. He needed to come back to bed.

"Rafe you in here?" you question pushing open the mahogany door to easily see he was indeed behind his cluttered desk with a cup of coffee grasped in his left hand.

"What are you doing up?"

"I was about to ask the same thing" I cross my arms to him as he suddenly smirks at me. Catching that his orbs were trailing across the exposure of my body being barricaded by the material of his button up shirt, I instantly adjusted the shirt closed against my skin.

"Black always looks good on you" he grins coyly setting his mug onto a space of table. You approached him, allowing your finger tips to run along the smooth polished synthetic wood.

"You should come back to bed. You know working this late won't bring any favours tomorrow"

"I know, but this business needs attention right now" his response serious, as he proceeds scribling his pen against the layers of paper splayed before him. Documents no doubt, or most likely the reports he had been debating about yesterday. Continuing to run your finger across the desktop, and steering it away from overhanging pages, you now stood behind his desk chair, admiring the shelf holding a single framed photo of you both, plus Samuel, outside on a balcony. It was the night before those two were sent to "prison" since Sam had gathered information on an delapedated prison cell outside the Panamanian jail premises. It, of course, been related to the Henry Avery tale Rafe seemed so caught up on recently. Nathan was missing from the photo and presumably was the one holding the camera. You think anyway. It was such a long time ago considering Samuel passed away there and Nathan was off your radar completely. Last you heard, he had settled down with Elena Fisher, a reporter and supposedly an ex model.

Though a little birdie said that the marriage was hitting heavy bumps since you had seen her in her show and Nate was no where in the behind the scenes cuts anymore. Wonder what happened? (Fyi that's before U3)