You (Rafe Adler)

#3 "alright love"

Requested by the amazing Jessie_Drake23

Hope you enjoy! 💙

******

It had been months.

"I said get out!"

More accurately a year.

"I never want to see you again!"

And I know what you're thinking. That's Rafe saying that. Unfortunetley not. That was 100% my erupting voice after we both had hit the brakes on the relationship and eventually, abandoned it.

It just wasn't working.

There were too many complications, too many consistent late night errands and the time in any day was continually limited. Limited in Rafe's hands more so than my own. His work was top priority which soon enough landed me on the bottom of his list. It had eventually landed in the stage of both of us rarely speaking on a regular basis and soon enough I had become fed up. So fed up in fact, it resulted in myself expressing how I truly felt toward the current situations in a violent outburst. I pretty much lost it, to keep the long story short.

Although if I'm honest, I'm stuck in a bubble of regret. Rafe had strangely remained silent almost throughout my fiery argument and once I ended up ordering him out the door he threw one final stern look alongside an apologetic string of words. It was so foreign of him. He never turned down a good fight from anybody. Yet, it been me, he appeared to have locked it all away or so much to say shut down that side of him completely.

However, it wasn't long before I had received word that Rafe had, in some regard, changed. He was aggresive at work and would even, on rare occasion, turn up to work with bags hanging beneath his eyes and blood cracked amidst his bruised knuckles.

People were afraid of him.

They were afraid of him whilst I was left feeling worried for him. I had never seen something take such and affect on his own mind and body. His personality more to the point.

But time goes on, I guess.

I can't stay worrying for a person I no longer have any relationship with. He was a stranger to me now and has been for the past 12 months.

Though in some bottled up part of me I can't help but feel some empathy toward him.

No.

Time goes on. Life continues and I just can't keep myself dwelling on past events.

I sigh to myself as I find myself slumped against the counter of the bar once
again. Place seemed to have calmed down. Dead hour I called it. After midnight on a Monday. It wasn't exactly the weekend. Though a small group of partiers had swept through, but were already gone after drink number two. The regular group of three guys from down the street always showed their faces. Knew they could get a free drink from me considering I went to school with one. Went out with him too. Course that guy was more friend than partner.

"Can I get a scotch" a sudden voice a couple seats down the way threw my reminscing aside. The man kept his face trapped in the reflection of the back wall mirror. His eyes were shut and his hair a mess. Pure anger and sadness was as clear as day tearing inside him. The scotch fills the crystal glass as I took approach toward the stranger, "So what's scotch healing today--" the words fall short and my feet find themselves halted suddenly. My eyes focus to try configure that the man planted on that stool couldn't be who I thought it was.