I'm Pregnant (Sam Drake)

Request by the amazing Libertalia
Hope you enjoy it! 💙

******

Its been two weeks. I haven't told him and I was starting to get more and more anxious the longer I had kept it locked away from him. I know it was going to become evident and come out clean eventually with the minor morning sickness occasionally and his regular questioning of my nervous attitude when I was trying to wrack my head around telling him.

Which I couldn't. Yes, I had to, but his reaction was the problem. What if he wasn't ready for children? Hell, I wasn't even ready! I didn't know word one about child raising.

"(Y/N)?" Nate had appeared before you with a cold beer in his grasp and a unsteady look of concern swept across his face, "you alright? 'lena said you looked out of place over here..."

"Nate I didn't say that" chiming words of Elena pitched in beside him as she playfull pushed his arm at the comment. "Sorry (Y/N), What I actually said was you looked as though you're worried?" hitting the nail on the head with those words she tilted her head to you with an anxious downward lip curl, "you and Sam aren't hitting bumps are you? I mean you haven't spoke to each other a lot this evening and usually you guys can't stay away from each other" fiddling with your own hands Elena stepped in next to you with a comfort arm hung round your slumped shoulders. Always the one trusted friend to rely on for helping you through almost anything.

"I'm uh... I'm sitting on some news" bringing the truth into light in a hushed whisper, the words resulted in both Nate and Elena exchanging each other a look of concern. "If Sam did anything to you--"

"No, no it's nothing like that!" quick to halt Nates quick jumping to the worst assumption possible, you sighed simply as you set your glass of water on the kitchen counter. Your mind ran wild as you found yourself turned away from both bodies, holding your own hands together, slightly damp in touch as this whole scenario was making your body react. Unable to utter a single word your sight took notice of the picture hung before you, framing a photograph of Nathan holding baby Cassie alongside Sam sat next to him with both thumbs flashed upward and that iconic grinning smile slapped across his beaming face. He looked so happy... So proud.

Wonder would the same reaction be recreated if it was you?

As you took a long deep breath, you returned to the faces of Nate and Elena once more with eyes clenched shut, "I'm pregnant" simply stating, you reopened worried eyes to see the reactions held in front of you. Their expressions were mixed; Elena with a beaming smile whilst Nate... Nate looked as though he was caught between surprise and delight and a mild sense of shock as his eyes appeared popped and his beer was on the verge of hitting the ground. A reaction you had never encountered in your few years of knowing the guy.

You can't imagine how he reacted when Elena has told him the exact same words.

Having the news sink in for a few brief moments Elena was quick to step forward with a frown, "You haven't told Sam, have you?"

She sure could read anyone like a book.

Nodding simply, Elena shoed Nathan away whilst she closed the kitchen door and returned to you, "look I'm sure Sam will be thrilled, but I know he will be upset if he finds you keeping this from him... Who knows it might open new doors for you both. I mean you two have been together through thick and thin"