Rafe Adler [P.1]

Requested by the amazing Sarahrosewolf hope you like it! 💙
FYI I made it into two parts cause I kinda got carried away heh... 🙈
(Hope it's not boring... I do tend to get swept up in a story and then end up writing too much :/)

******

4 years. 4 excruciatingly years since the incident. And the years just didn't get any easier as they swept by. No, losing Sam was something that time wasn't going to fix but you knew yourself that dwelling on past events wasn't doing you any favours. Sam would have wanted you to be happy and to have possibly moved on. After 7 months of a solid relationship, he had come to admit that he loved you before stepping foot in that infernal place.

That wretched Panamian prison.

That hug and kiss still would cling to your body like a sticky wind alongside the final words he spoke echoing around you like a curse, "... Hey, I won't be gone long. Just promise me that the second I get out, that you're here, standing as beautiful as you are right now, with that smile I will have missed... I love you"

However, when a quick exit was in full swing days later, just sitting behind the wheel in that boat and only seeing two floating bodies swim toward it didn't ease your nerves with all the gunfire and chaos erupting all around the prison premises. Catching the look Nathan had on his face the second his body rolled in alongside Rafe, instantly caused you to choke back the cries despretely trying to break free. Rafe on the other hand, didn't care, his hands pushed into your back, almost roaring to step on it and get them out of there as quickly as possible.

"Sam isn't coming! Now drive!" no empathy. That man sure possesed a heart of stone. All he cared about was those fabled fortunes and wealth.

That, and himself.

And yet here you were currently working with him at his business office for the past 2 years.

Having abandoned your contribution to Rafe's search group for Avery's fortune after the incident you carried on your life working a bar shift. You also knew that Nathan had too threw in the towel and bid adieu to Rafe as he had come to the stage of getting fed up with Rafe's constant bickering and impatience to his own grief sessions. Nate had phoned you days later that Rafe was going to track you down sooner or later for help, since you and Sam were the experts on the whole pirate track. Albeit, after almost a year of ignoring Rafe's emails and progressing anger persuasion voice messages he soon enough had turned up on your doorstep with the try hardest of smiles you had ever seen. Blatantly enraged on the inside for your ignorance toward him. He had informed you that the whole Avery hunt was put behind him and instead just wanted to talk. Eventually that talk had spiralled it's way into becoming Rafe's new work place partner for 2 years and as of right now back to page one, Henry Avery.

Currently in the late hours of the night, Rafe could easily be seen sat at his desk, a coffee been held in his left hand as he gnawed on his bottom lip and drew his finger across the third script of ancient literature he had purchased from a collector. It had been another late night for the both of you, only tonight you weren't atttending another business gala like yesterday. Gala's, the events when Rafe had his time in the spotlight to try further and advance his company in the world of high class business authorities. The biggest surprise was him formely inviting you alongside him with a evening gown pre bought for you to wear, purchased from his own pocket, so you'd look the part, as he nicely puts it. The night was something you had never experienced, an exquisite Gala hall flooded with bodies of pure upper class. Although feeling so out of place, considering that you were nothing like these people. However most of the night was Rafe talking to groups of men such as himself whilst you were left to mingle with the women dragged there like yourself. Yet just talking to one man that night seemed to have stirred Rafe slightly where he had stepped between the both of you before the conversation even got anywhere. It wasn't just once however, he informed the many other male bodies countless times that he needed you for a minute when in actuality he would simply drag you 6 steps away, throw a subtle glare and a repeat of the words, "who is he?" and, "he isn't someone to be speaking to"