A Brother's End

Requested by SyreethWrites
Hope you like it! ❤
Recommend playing the music when you see this symbol: (♫)
(With headphones ;3)

******

"Nathan, we need a plan here!"

"Working on it!" it had been a close call for the Drake brothers, one they still had to get out of. Rafe was on his way and Nadine's army was hot on their heals. The soldiers boots thumped behind them, rounds of bullets been sprayed across the environment from armoured soilders trailing behind the bolting mercenaries each shooting past their heads. Bullets narrowly sped past both brothers, some eaaily tearing rips in Sam's flapping denim shirt. They needed a miracle and needed one fast.

"Hey! hey! Down here!" Sam's eye catching a mere glimpse of an opening through a cravass in the buildings stone architecture. Ushering Nathan through quickly, Sam covered him with his only gun soon giving up and pushing inside with his brother.

"Shit! It's a dead end Sam!" Nathan bellowed, scurring around the room in desperate hope in finding any little place to move to.
Yet his brother was quick in cutting him off, "Look! there's a beam here. Help me lift" gripping onto the fallen beam of structural timber, the two heaved and pulled until the entire structure have up on their hopes and collapsed altogether. "Are you fucking kiddin' me?!"

"They went in here!" the yells of the enemy emitted beyond the wall at the discovery of their hiding space and both Nate and Sam caught each other's eyes, both knowing they needed to get out right now. Their eyes bounced around the room again until Sam hitting Nate's shoulder stopped both of their tracks. "Hey, there's an opening up there! Gimme a boost!" Nate's eyes followed Sam's to the small opening in the top room corner and wasted no time getting him up.

"Blow the damn wall down!" the sudden sound of the wall being blown with an RPG clouded the expanse of the room but the wall stood still however barely intact in keeping steady. Nate quickly looked up to Sam who appeared to be pushing something rather large to the ledge. Just as the carts wheels came into his thankful view, another blast had hit and sent the buildings debris around the room knocking down a support beam keeping Sam at the height. Sam's body lost balance and came crashing down toward the ground hard as Nathan was hastily at his side ushering him to his feet, yet a sudden thunderous gunshot striking next to his feet called his action to a halt.

Rafe holding his signature 1911 custom engraved gun stepped his way toward the two brothers.
"You boys never know when to quit... Do you?" his villainous chuckle playing alongside his words, "I told you to get out of my way and what do you do? Make my life that little bit more... Difficult!" his last word been erupted from his lungs as his gun had came in contact against the temple of Sam Drake's head, knocking him back onto the ground.
Towering above the fallen body Rafe crouched himself next to him with his gun been toyed in his grasp, "Samuel, first you lie... Then you steal my goddamn cross and now, here we are..." his eyes studied the stain of crimson blood and the formation of brusing emerging in his skin. Rafe's hand gripped Sam's forearm and forced him back to his feet as he swept the bits of dry gravel hiding in the creases of his shoulders.
"But hey, we're all just a bunch of thieves digging around where we shouldn't, right?" Rafe turned to both parties with a grin emerging on his face. However, that grin that soon quickly fell from his lips when he turned back to the brothers each stood in place piercing their vision to the one body with a gun slowly been raised.

"But only one can get to Avery..." the gun was fully raised and was directed in the direction of Samuel. Nathan's body instantly reacted to the scene been created, "Rafe you need us"  interjecting, his feet crept closer, in hopes to get Rafe to lower his weapon. Yet, Rafe simply blinked his eyes toward Nate and back to Sam, curling his bottom lip, "You could be right..." his fingers, holding the ivory grip of his gun, drummed, as if to contemplate.
"But less competition is better..." just as the words escaped Rafe's lips, the time around them seemed to slow down and soon enough danger alarm bells rang inside Nathan's head in knowing exactly what was about to happen.

"Nathan Drake.. That two bit thief. Risking it all for some piece of treasure"

"Sam! MOVE!" the yells of his brother erupted as Sam was pushed to the ground and the the echo of the gun shot roared and echoed off every wall. The older brother pushed his body up from the rocky debris, instant to turn up to the position of his brother. And he wished he hadn't witnessed what his hazel orbs landed upon.

"I guess that's how they know me... How they'll remember me..."

"NATHAN!"

"But that's not who I am..."

(♫)
Nathan simply looked down at the bullet wound starting to flood crimson across his chest and to the cries of his heartbroken brother. Rafe simply looked upon his action and lowered his weapon, waving the few Shoreline men away as he himself turned and began making his leave. Sam struggled to his feet and pushed himself toward Nathan, who began falling to his knees, coughing.
"No, no, no, no..." The older brother choking on his words, watching as his brother collapsed onto his back. Nate's eyes blinked a few times as he looked up at his crying brother, a faint smile forming on his face, "c'mon Nathan! You're gonna be okay" Sam feeling his tears slip down his cheeks attempting any way he could to sit his brother up but stopped upon hearing him swear out in agony.
"Don't think so Sam..." Nate tried speaking but cut out in a coughing mess with the sudden taste of copper blood come splating past his lips.
"Kinda, Deja vu, huh?"

"Shut up! I'm getting you outta here! Just gotta-" Sam stated, pressing his hands down onto the spilling wound, his baby brother instantly grabbing his arm and mumbling a series of 'no's' as his eyes fell shut. "I'm glad I got to see you again Sam..." his voice grew quieter as his eyes suddenly began to shut. "Wish it could have been longer..."
"No Nate! Don't you dare start this, last words crap-" The yells of Sam pulling his brother closer and trying to push down on the wound harder, whilst cradling his head on his knees, "Just-"

"Tell... Elena I loved her... Tell... That I'm sorry..." the blood began escaping past his lips and freeing itself down his chin. "That she was the best thing I ever got-- Ugh shit!"
Tears now forming in the corners of Nate's eyes, he gripoee his brothers blood stained hand and gripped it as hard as he could. "Promise me... Promise me you'll stay out of trouble... Make something of your life"
"Goddamit Nathan..." Tears now falling upon his dying brother he returned his brothers grip with his own, "Why'd you do it?"
"Because..." the grip he had was becoming weaker, his coughs becoming chokes of the blood caught in his throat. "That's what we do... We look out for our own... Brothers--" his hand suddenly fell from Sam's as the blood in his mouth muggled his words.
"Nathan?" Sam now crying a river as he tried picking up his brothers hand again. The only words running through his head been, "You can't die, don't die, please no"

But he was already gone... His one brother and his one and only best friend gone... His last piece of Morgan family slipping through the cracks and leaving him alone.

"Goodbye..."

His tears, his blood, his last words and the memories they shared was all he had left.

"Nathan Morgan..."

A Brother's End.

******

I suck at sad stories sorry 🙈
Hope y'all enjoyed it!
Another request out tomorrow!

STAY AWESOME!