41.

I've never been much of a screamer.
I always held back the back the pain I was feeling.
Like when I fell off my bike for the first time, after telling my dad I was ready to be let go.
To only crash into a bush full of thorns.
I still had small scars on my legs from the impact.
Or when my hand got slammed in the bathroom door at school, after a fight with Sage.
Who apologized for the next week when I came back to school, with my fingers wrapped up.
I just hated the sound of my own voice when I screamed.
Because it meant I was actually in pain, and I couldn't hold back the sounds.

Like today.
I screamed.
My body felt like it had been set on fire while being pricked over and over by tiny needles.
My thoughts were all over the place and I couldn't focus.
I just know Irina and Luther had ran down as well as Devin and Ebony, who all looked panicked.

Their voices had became inaudible.
I couldn't focus.
Just like I couldn't breathe.
Everything hurt.
And the screaming just would not stop.

"Breathe, Lexi." I heard Carter tell me as he held my hand, squeezing tightly.
Just hearing his voice sent me into my own kind of panic.
I was fixing to have a baby.
Wasn't it too soon?
Was he going to die?
Was I?

"W-Where is Monty and the guys?" I found myself asking, my body was cold and I couldn't stop trembling.
"They're outside, Irina doesn't want a crowd in here." He told me, brushing my hair out of my face.
Tears burned my eyes as I felt Irina's hands on my legs.
"Lexi, darling. I need you to try and relax for me sweetheart." She told me in the best soothing voice she could try to get out.
I shook my head.
"My bodies burning, Irina. It hurts." I cried.

"Shh." She looked to Ebony.
"Get me the lidocaine." She instructed.
Ebony nodded disappearing.
"Lido-what?" I asked through the hot tears that fell.
Irina smiled softly.
"It'll numb your body and help with the pain and discomfort, Lexi. Its safe, I wouldn't use it if I knew it would harm you or the baby." She told me.
I nodded squeezing Carter's hand who looked uncomfortable with concern.

"Irina, Lexi will be fine. Right?" He asked her.
Irina looked at him.
"Carter, we've been through this. Right now, just be there for your mate. Despite what happens, you have to be there for Cloven." She told him.
Carter looked at her with knitted brows.
"Irina-"

"Carter, if you're going to stress in front of Lexi. Get out, she can't see you like that." Luther barked at him.
Carter flinched as his eyes fell back on me.
I could feel the fire inside of me slowing dying down.
I smiled softly as the tears slipped.

"I'll be okay." I promised him.
----
"It sounds like they're torturing her." Bryce commented.
Sage looked to him with a soft glare.
"She's giving birth to a baby, Bryce. She's going to sound like that." She told him.
Jace glared at the two.
"Why are you even here? You're aware that you are part of the reason she fell into labor early, right?" He hissed.

"Jace." Joshua looked at him frowning.
"Now isn't the time to heat that subject back up," his eyes fell on Bryce.
"Despite him hitting Monty, he'll still be a face that Lexi will want to see after everything has calmed down." He said.

They all flinched hearing her screaming louder.

"Fuck! I can't do this." Jace left both of his mates as he stormed into the room, where Lexi would be delivering her son.
----
"Jace, get out of here." Irina hissed at him.
"And continue to hear that? It sounds like you're killing her, Irina!" He hissed at the other.
"She's going to be in pain, Jace. I'm sorry its ruining whatever you're doi-"
"It's not ruining shit! I'm in here because shes in pain and believe it or not, but the shit concerns me as well." Jace growled.

I lied there as Jace stood behind me with Carter.
"So whatever medicine you gave her to calm her pain? Give her more of that, so she doesn't have to keep screaming and upsetting those outside of this room!" He yelled.