22.

"Are you even listening to me?" Bryce hissed.
I blinked, looking up from my English book as my eyes fell on the other.
"You were talking?" I questioned.
He frowned at me.
"Just how much sleep are you even getting, Lexi?" He asked me now.
I shrugged.
"Enough to get me through the day, anyway. What were you even talking about?" I asked him confused now.

Bryce sighed heavily.
"I said maybe we should throw a Halloween party this year." He repeated himself.
I blinked.
"A Halloween party? I mean I have no complaints, but don't we throw parties every year for Halloween?" I questioned.
He nodded with his arms crossed.
"Yeah, but now we're seeing more people and we're also sophomores. So I thought it would be interesting." He shrugged.

I smirked now.
"Are you going to have sex with Lucy again?" I asked.
Bryce frowned at that.
"I will keep telling you this, over and over again. She was drunk." He told me.
I shrugged.
"I'm just trying to figure out which rooms need to be locked," I teased.

Bryce rolled his eyes.
"Is your mom and siblings going to leave for the night?" He asked me.
I shrugged again.
"I can talk to her about possibly leaving for the night, maybe take the kids somewhere cool that'll make up for them having to leave." I suggested now.

Bryce nodded.
"I'll call Monty-"
"No." Bryce looked at me with knitted brows.
I made a face.
"No? Are you forgetting who's house this party is being thrown at?" I asked him with a soft glare.
Bryce frowned.
"Lexi, we don't need vampires are this party."
"Oh, so because Monty is a vampire, he can't come now?" I shot.
"I'm not saying that." Bryce hissed.
"You just did!"

"Mr.Lexley, Ms.Grimes. Either leave the classroom or lower your voices." Mrs.Rice barked, glaring at the two of us.

I frowned deeply, scribbling down on my notes a little too hard after that.
----
After class, I walked over to my locker throwing my stuff inside.
Before slamming the door.

"Whoa, easy. What did the locker do to deserve that?" I turned to Carter and immediately felt exhausted.
"Nothing, I just had an argument with Bryce earlier, and now I'm in an irritated mood." I told him, crossing my arms as I leaned against the locker.
Carter joined me.
"Well, what did you two even argue about that caused your mood to shift?" He asked me.

I bit my lip.
"Bryce wants to throw a Halloween party, and we always throw it at my house since mine is bigger, but the catch is. He doesn't want me to invite Monty." I said now.
Carter made a face.
"Why--its because he's a vampire, right?" He looked to me and I felt my eyes burn.
"Pretty much, but I'm still going to invite him. Monty always comes to the-"
"I'm sorry, but no." Carter looked at me frowning.

I looked at him frowning.
"You're against the invite too?" I frowned.
Carter took my hand.
"It's not safe, Lexi. Not when Monty is still going through his transitioning, a party full of teenagers is not what he needs." He told me.
"But he's also a teenager." I cried through knitted brows.
"I know, Lexi. But its not possible." He said.

"What's not possible?" My blood ran cold as anger took over.
Joshua walked up to us, this amused yet curious grin spreading across his face.
I glared at him.
"Carter." I said lowly.
Carter looked to him.
"Joshua, do you mind?" He looked at him slightly annoyed.

Joshua shrugged with a smirk.
"I don't, but getting under humans skins is just so much fun. Especially hers." He said.
"Get the fuck away." I demanded now, glaring harshly at him.
Joshua raised his hands in the air.

"I guess the news your friend wanted to share with you, is going to make that temper of yours a lot worse. I can't wait to hear how that turns out." He smirked going to walk away.