37.

I took a shaky breath as I stood in front of Irina and Luther's room.
I wanted to speak with Deidre.
I needed to speak with her.
I had all of these burning questions.
And with her inside of their custody, it was the perfect time to ask them.
I held my fist against the door without knocking.
I knew my suggestion would upset them both.
No one was allowed to go down there.
Not when it wasn't just Deidre in their care.
Abel was there too.
And he was terrifying.

I didn't know too much about him.
Just that he didn't treat Kipper too well, and it turned my stomach in painful knots.
And I knew that wasn't from the pregnancy.
Despite how much the others would protest that it was.

Inhaling sharply, I tapped my knuckles against the door, patiently waiting to be invited in.
Which didn't take even a minute, before I heard Irina's voice telling me to enter.
It was now or never.

"Absolutely not." Luther denied before my mouth could even open.
But his eyes were locked on me.
I stood there.
"I'm sorry?" I questioned.
Luther narrowed his eyes at me.
"Going down there to see that witch, its out of the question. As was the effort to even walk up here." He said bitterly.

Irina frowned at him before her eyes fell on me, trying to soften.
"I'm sorry Lexi, but Luther is right. Going down there is far from safe, especially when its both Deidre and that partner of hers. Abel." She frowned.
I bit my lip.
"What if I wasn't alone?" I pushed.
Luther glared.
"So not only your life, but you'd risk others as well?" He growled now.

"Luther, calm yourself." Irina hissed at him, glaring at the other before looking at me.
"Lexi, who would you even recommend bringing with you, if we were to allow such an insane thought?" She asked me calmly.
I frowned at her.
"Although it's a bad mix, I'd suggest bringing Jace or Nathan. Possibly both." I told her.
Luther scoffed as Irina flashed him a disapproving glare.
"Don't." She spoke lowly.

My brows knitted.
"What happened? Did they get into a fight?" I questioned now.
Irina sighed softly.
"They had a rather strong disagreement that lead to Nathan nearly killing Jace a few days ago, I don't think having them in the same room right now is a great idea. Especially if Deidre is in the mix, its true that Jace is the strongest once he's fed in our family. But having him in the same room as those three? It wouldn't end well. You could ask one of them, and that should be okay. Right darling?" She looked at Luther for agreement.
But he only scowled softly looking away from us.
"Do as you want, its a stupid thought trying to speak with her." He said coldly.

I took that as my go ahead before leaving the room before Luther or Irina could try to change their mind.
----
I knew talking to Jace about going down with me, would lead to a harsh laugh and a door to the face.
So I didn't even bother talking with him.
But I was slowly regretting it as I stood in front of Nathan's room.
The sounds coming from the inside, had my face a bright red as I dared myself to knock.
Knowing I'd only piss him and the other off for disturbing them.
Sighing softly I brought my knuckles to the door, fixing to knock.

But let out a sharp gasp as the door swung open.
And there stood Nathan naked, he held a shirt to cover his junk from being exposed to me.
He looked annoyed yet curious.

"Are we too loud?" He smirked deviously.
I frowned trying not to blush.
"N-No, but I was needing to talk to you." I said lowly.
Nathan arched a brow.
"The brave little human is wanting to speak with the vampire who has no tolerance for being interrupted?" He inquired still amused.
I looked at him.
"I am and I'm sorry.. kind of? But I need you to go with me down to the cell that holds Deidre." I told him.

Nathan stood there as he blinked, before this laugh escaped him.
He literally stood there and started laughing.
Before shutting the door and continued to laugh.