CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

TYRONE 

There was no sleepover that weekend or the weekend after that. Draven wanted Sin to focus on her school work. Bella and Michel weren't allowed to visit, and she was barely allowed to leave the house. I saw Sin everyday at school and sometimes at dinner. I kept things strictly professional when we were at school. No more kisses or hugs. I did however give Sin my laptop and taught her how to Face Time Bella. Even though she couldn't meet them, she was still able to talk to them face to face.

As the third week neared Sin got quieter. She barely had any interest in her school work. Beth cornered me on Monday night before I left for home. She voiced her concern and pointed out a few things I already noticed. Like the bruises she tried to hide on her arms and legs. The fact that she barely ate anything and that she couldn't wait to head back up to her room once dinner finished.

Tuesday morning a teacher meeting was held. I listened silently as they discussed the upcoming events. They went over the curriculum and then started discussing the pupils. My ears perked up when I heard her name being mentioned.

"She's not paying any attention!" one of the teachers exclaimed. "I checked her books. Sydney doesn't copy the work into her book that she's suppose to."

"She has some trouble reading," I said softly. "It takes her a while to spell the word and then to read it. Once she's done that it's easier for her to copy."

"A while? How long is a while?"

I shrugged. "A minute."

"I can't wait a minute for her to read a word and then wait another minute for her to copy it!"

I clenched my fist on my thigh and sucked in a breath. After blowing it out and mentally counting to ten, I raised my head to look at her.

"Give me your notes and everything she needs to copy into her books, and I'll make sure that it gets done."

"Are you going to do that for every subject?" another teacher questioned.

I turned to him. "Yes. I'll do it for every subject if I need to."

After that a few more complains were given. I took note of everything they mentioned. Some things were understandable and others just plain outrageous. I've been tutoring her so I knew that she struggles with her reading and writing.

"What about you Aiden?" Rodger asked softly.

He held up his hands and leaned back in the chair. "I have no complains, only praises. Sydney is very talented. I'm teaching her how to use her talent through painting."

"Is she good enough to participate in this year's talent show?"

"She's better."

Rodger nodded. "Talk to her about it. If that's all, this meeting is dismissed. Get back to work."

***

"Take out your textbooks and open them on page twenty-four," I ordered softly once everyone was seated.

My eyes darted over to the back where Sin sat. She was bent over her school bag while rummaging inside. Sin pulled out the textbook a few seconds later. I frowned. Her movements were slow and slightly jerky. I waited for her to glance up at me like she usually does, but she didn't. I'll talk to her after class.

"Right, yesterday we talked. I gave you the simple definitions for the twenty important theories you needed." I walked to the front of the desk and leaned back against it. "Today, you're going to write them down. It'll be easier for you all to get through the rest of this semester's work if you know them."