[Arc 11] Ch.9 Musical Confession

Minerva

"Well then can you tell me more about the places that you've been to?" I asked and we just chatted through dinner. It was pleasant and fun. I couldn't help but feel our time was going to come to an end soon. And when we had finished eating, he handed me a small book and pen.

"I talked to Jekyll. I convinced him that you've changed. He and Liz were against the idea of meeting with you so soon. But he suggested an exchange dairy. With it, you can share your feelings and bridge any gap through correspondence." He handed me the small book that I recognized as an adventurer's journal. It was a book that could grow and shrink through command phrases.

"Is this for real?" I asked while accepting it. I had completely forgotten that I had hired Hyde to help me repair the bridge I'd burned with Jekyll.

"He's already written in it." He pulled a small folded paper out of his pocket. "These are the command phrases. And the instructions for exchanging it back and forth."

"You really did it..." I looked at the instructions that were handwritten by Jekyll. But with this, our contract was over. Hyde could leave. Sebas could leave again. It was so bittersweet that I didn't know what to do. Had I failed?

"You can't open it until after midnight, but I didn't really do much." Hyde leaned backward. "I have this habit of making a mess of things, and I'm terribly awkward when it comes to dealing with people. So I hope this works out."

I panicked. I had failed. No, I still have time! Midnight! The fireworks were going to go off at midnight. That's when the masks would fall off.

I looked over for the guitar and grabbed it as quickly as I could.

"Easy there, Red. Don't hurt yourself." Hyde said. The was an odd note in his voice as if he knew the end was near too.

"There's something I have to tell you." I sniffled as I hurried back and started making sure it was in tune. "I still have time, right?" I looked up at him desperately. "To win you with my merits, I still have time!" I don't know if I could sing very well as my throat seized up.

"Hey, Red." Hyde set his hand on my knee. "Take a deep breath." He gently pulled the guitar from my hands and tuned it for me. I took a couple deep breaths and waited for him to give it back.

"I have something to tell you too, but I'll let you go first." Hyde handed the guitar back.

I nodded and looked down at the strings. I'd played this song so many times. I'd practiced so much. I couldn't play it as fast as Cedric due to my hands shaking so much right now so I sang the ballad will all my soul.

"I still hear your voice though you sleep far from me

I still feel your touch in my dreams.

Forgive me my weakness, but I don't know why

Without you it's hard to survive.

Because every time we touch, I get this feeling

And all the time we missed, I swear I could die.

Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last

I need you by my side.

Because every time we touch, I feel the static

And all the time we missed, I scream at the sky.

Can't you hear my heart beat so I can't let you go